CI Octavia Pedal Powered??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cray2008, May 18, 2008.

1. cray2008

cray2008 Member

i have the original pedal power...can I power the octavia? Isn't the pedal some type of negative current or something?

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

The PP (even the first version) has isolated outputs, so each port is essentially a separate power supply. It should therefore be perfect for powering an Octavia. Just make sure you get the plug polarity right (if the jack is center negative or center positive). Normal polarity is center negative, and many of the positive ground pedals (such as the Octavia) will have a center positive jack, in which case you'll need a special cable to power it. But make sure you get it right - there are positive ground pedals out there that still use center negative jacks (the Voodoo Lab Proctavia is one).

So, in short, the original PP should have no problem powering your Octavia. Just make sure you use the correct cable (it may need reverse/center positive polarity).

/Andreas

3. jjnews

jjnews Member

CI octavian uses positive ground, but center negative jacks, like Andreas mentioned. So no need to use reverse cable. I powered mine with flatliner and standard cable.

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

There you go :AOK

5. cray2008

cray2008 Member

what is flatliner?

6. cray2008

cray2008 Member

I just talked to voodoo labs and they said the CI octavia is fine to power w/the regular cord. It is positive ground so it works-no polarity issues.

7. jjnews

jjnews Member