Cinematic Orchestral Compositions

Discussion in 'Artist Spotlight' started by superpotato_30, Sep 15, 2017.

1. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hi all, I've moved towards the more cinematic orchestral genre of soundtrack scoring of late, and thought that this would be a good place to collate/share some of my work. I hope you like what you hear, and of course feedback is more than welcome.

For starters, this track is entitled "Fallen Star" and has been generously uploaded by Real Trailer Music.

Enjoy :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member

Would you be willing to share which tools you used to create these tracks?

superpotato_30 likes this.
  3. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

For sure. All of these tracks were made in Logic Pro X. My virtual instruments of choice come from Kontakt (Native Instruments). Sample libraries are far and varied as Kontakt has tons of libraries out there. Do let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.

4. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member

I assumed Kontakt was involved. Id actually be interested in knowing what libraries were used, especially for piano, strings, horns, and drums.

I listened to the entire album and enjoyed it.

5. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Ah alright! Thank you :).

Basically drums was a mish mash of drums from multiple libraries put into a custom kit. Drums from Sinfonia Drums, Metal Drums(? is that what it's called. Metal insane or smth), and finally metallic cinematic "BOOMs" from Heavocity's Gravity Impact.

Piano (stock piano library from Logic Pro X 10.2 - Yamaha Grand, with all preset effects removed + valhalla reverb and fab filter EQ applied). This was pretty much the stock piano sound throughout.

Strings was a mix of London Solo Viola and Spitfire Audio strings.

Horns was mainly sounds from the Cinematic Brass (Cine-brass?) pack :)
    Synth sounds came literally from all over the place, some from Logic's stock, some from Heavocity Natural Forces.

Let me know if you've got other questions!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  6. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hi everyone, I'm now on spotify! Do give my profile a follow :) I'd greatly appreciate it and any other forms of support shown!

mattjayworker likes this.
  7. mattjayworker

mattjayworker Supporting Member

Checking out your Spotify profile now....very cool!

I'd actually misread your post and thought you were another music outfit that I'm fond who literally call themselves Cinematic Orchestra but I'm happy I found your music none the less. Best of luck with everything!

8. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hey there, thanks so much for the kind words and for checking out my music! I'm a huge fan of The Cinematic Orchestra too :)

mattjayworker likes this.
  9. live-I-evil

live-I-evil Supporting Member

Just now stumbling onto this thread and gave everything a listen. I've been making the switch into composing for my musical output as well since my background is in photo/film so it's always inspiring to see others out there working. Congrats on the successes and I hope that there are many more to come!

10. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Sorry I just saw this! (don't get notifications on TGP) - thank you so much for the kind words! I look forward to hear some of your stuff too! Would love to see how you match your music to your background :)

11. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hi all, I've got a new cinematic (emotional piano) score available here on SoundCloud :).

Do give it a listen! And as always, any feedback is welcome!

12. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hi all, I'm really happy to share that Awaken A Dream has been uploaded into Atlantis Heaven's Music Channel on YouTube.

Stream it here!

13. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hey all, thought I'd share a new composition today. Once again, it's in the soundtrack/epic genre of music. It's entitled "Fallen Star" and aims to evoke a dramatic sense of urgency, suspense and tension while still retaining a notable melody throughout the entire track :)

Once again, any feedback is more than welcome!

14. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hi all,

I'm very happy to share that I've released a compilation of some of my Hybrid Orchestral works. You can check out Lights of Tomorrow now on Bandcamp:

https://gregtanmusic.bandcamp.com/album/lights-of-tomorrow

Thank you so much for checking out my work. Your support means a great deal to me.

15. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Happy to have one of my tracks from the new release up on Atlantis Heaven Music!

"Valiant" is now available for streaming on their YouTube page! Go show some love ;)

16. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hi guys, the song "Valiant" from my latest release - the "Lights of Tomorrow" album has been put into the Existing & Occurring playlist by a executive from Warner and presented to Island & Capital Records! Do check it out here!

Song No. 92 :)

You can get the whole album now as per Bandcamp's "name your own price" function only for a limited time!

17. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hi friends, I'm really happy to share that the VR video game I've been composing for has launched a modified version that will be released for play in an arcade in Denmark with my music on it.

It's crazy how an unknown boy from Singapore could have his work presented/used halfway across the world, in a country that he's never even been to.

Check out another of the game's tracks here:

18. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted here - I'm very happy to share that I've joined the amazing team at Alternative Notes that creates pure Orchestral scores dedicated for films etc. The team consists of 8 composers, out of which 2 have consistently scored for Marvel movies and 4 of them are award winning.

Check out the track I've placed with them here:

19. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hey all,

Here's a new uplifting Orchestral composition of mine I'd love for you to have a listen to. Ultimately, I hope "To Dream Again"encourages your heart & blesses you.

God bless!

Beto likes this.
  20. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

Hi all,

I thought I'd share a small compilation of soundtracks I've composed for so far for the video game called "Island Wars" (I shared one of the "siege tracks" here previously). I'm fortunate to have provided both music and sound cues for the whole game. The release date of the game would be somewhere in August 2018.

Do check it out here!