Cioks DC 10- I have to leave output 7 empty?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by yawiney, Apr 17, 2015.

1. yawiney

yawiney Member

So I finally got rid of the power strip full of wallworts and my daisy chain 1spot and got a DC 10. It came yesturday and I hooked it all up, made sure everything was connected correctly and all was working. While at rehearsal last night got into a preset on my Empress SD which is plugged into output 8-(12v, 250ma positive tip using the red positive cable), and got horrible noise when altering the preset. it happened anytime I altered any preset. The pedal worked fine otherwise and everything else was working great.

Do I need to leave outlet 7 open due to the Empress being positive tip? or is it the ma sharing getting in the way??
    For my show tonite I will leave 7 empty and use a battery for one of my 9v pedals.

2. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Yes, 7 and 8 as well as 9 and 10 are to be used separately, they are not to be used at the same time. It's either one or the other

3. yawiney

yawiney Member

Yeah, i've been leaving 9 empty too because 10 is my Echoltuion 1 which is already a bit noisy. Bummer, I thought I was getting 10 outputs but I guess it's only 8. Are there some types of pedals that are ok to combine?

4. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Low current pedals/analog pedals. So overdrives, compressors, analog chorus/delays and the like.

5. yawiney

yawiney Member

Thanks. I'll experiment. It was all working fine till i tried altering a preset. Guess that takes more current??
    Tonite i'll stick with the battery in one and leave it empty.

6. DavidH

DavidH Member

You can use them simultaneously, but they share a ground/are not isolated. They still put out their respective voltage each when used simultaneously, as each tap has it's own regulator but 7&8 share a ground, 9&10 share a ground, as if daisy chaining.

7. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

^maybe I confused the AC rider specs with the dc10. Either way, the super delay is a high current pedal with a positive tip power supply. Typically would be a good idea to avoid sharing a ground with other pedals, especially with the super delay's odd ball requirements.

8. tjontheroad

tjontheroad Supporting Member

New Jersey... YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!
    No need to use that battery. You can still daisy chain the used outs.

Edited to add:

You can use one of these
    http://cioks.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=72

[​IMG]

9. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

^ doesn't the dc10 come with the dual cable?

10. tjontheroad

tjontheroad Supporting Member

New Jersey... YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!
    It's not on parts list. I have a DC 10, but I don't remember if the cable came with it. I use two of them on my bass rig.