CIOKS DC10 Link

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Godspeed64, May 10, 2016.

1. Godspeed64

Godspeed64 Member

Just to share, since I'm not sure how this piece of news slipped through in January.

[​IMG]

Yes it's bigger/wider. But from that single FB post:
    Went from 8 isolated outputs to 10 complete ones; no more shared outlets as per market norms.
    LINK series; meaning a "courtesy outlet" to combine with other PSU simultaneously, or longer chains with the rest of the series.
    Cooling fan; as if the product could get any more robust!

Been using a DC10 for several years now. Completely no regrets on my end. Not sure if I need the DC10 LINK, as I would love to see the size side-by-side first!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Ryan P. and dean owens like this.
  2. dean owens

dean owens Member

does the DC10 Links have even more power?

3. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

I was wondering when they'd start expanding on the link series. For awhile the eventide model was the only "professional link" model, then came the dc5, so it was a sure bet that more would follow. Makes it convenient if you don't need something mondo sized, but may need to upgrade your supply needs.

4. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

One of the cool features of the DC10 Link is that it has an indicator reader of the voltage and mA of an effect when plugged into a tap. Yes, there are now 10 isolated taps and the LINK to plug in another Cioks LINKS series PSU or add an AC outlet. They are set to be available this month in talking with Poul as well as Brian Spencer at Pedalshark.com.

teleking36 and Godspeed64 like this.
  5. Krausewitz

Krausewitz Member

That's awesome. Looks huge, though. Not sure if all the extra real estate is worth the extra two slots (although I love the increased mA and voltage options).

6. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

Cool stuff! I assume it's designed to fit neatly underneath a Pedaltrain too, like the rest of the "Link" series. That one linked to an AC Rider would cover a lot of ground :aok

7. jnepo1

If I recall my conversation with Poul and Brian, it's the same dimension as the Eventide Powerfactor2 LINKS made by Cioks. It's not as deep as the DC10 but the width is somewhere near 8".

8. jnepo1

Just spoke with Brian Spencer at Pedalshark. Poul is hoping by June 25th to have ready to ship, which is when Summer NAMM is. I've got one on order with Brian.

9. rendall

rendall Member

Just wondering, does anyone have any information on this? I have been waiting keenly for this as a replacement for my VL PP2+.

Earlier at the beginning of the year I had emailed Poul and he mentioned it would be available in stores sometime June.

10. jnepo1

Poul had health issues earlier this year, but was hoping to have it out by Summer NAMM. My most recent communication with him in July, he mentioned September as well as a release of a couple other small products such as right angle RCA plugs power cables (which are out on a limited supply now) as well as another power supply. Looking forward to the DC10 Link.

rendall and Godspeed64 like this.
  11. teleking36

teleking36 Supporting Member

Bumping this up as this will likely be my upgrade move from the single Schizophrenic that is currently running about 11-12 pedals miraculously. Can't wait for this release! Also excited that new Cioks units will be Temple Board compatible.

12. jnepo1

All Cioks units: Pro and Link series are Temple compatible. It's not an upgrade or redesign, Poul has always had mounting screws and plates on these series. It's just by chance that they fit Temple boards.

13. teleking36

Not based on my experience. My two Schizophrenics have mounting holes, but they don't all line up on the boards. 2 of 4 screw holes are useable and line up for me, which is all I use at this point. I'm talking about a straight-up mount, not cock-eyed or mickey-moused in order to fit. Just straight up parallel with the board.

14. jnepo1

My point being, I've built up roughly 8 Temple boards with Cioks PSU. Yes, not all holes line up, but even the two or three holes that do are ample enough to secure a Cioks PSU WITH NO ISSUES. I would suggest adding Loctite Blue when you are mounting the Cioks though as a precaution.

teleking36 likes this.
  15. teleking36

Yea, the two-screw method has been working out just fine for me actually. It just seemed like Poul was approaching the redesign of the casing to have the units line up either more closely or exactly with Temple's hole grids, which would make it a lot easier in terms of picking the right/best spot to mount.

16. CIOKS support

CIOKS support Member

Hi,

We're updating or changing if you like the layout of the mounting threaded holes on the botton of our power suplies, on some adding a few so you'll have a set which perfectly line up with the grid in Temple Audio boards.
    Please have a look at the post I just published on FB:

CIOKOLATE, DC10, DC8, DC5 and PowerFactor 2, Big John and ADAM are all compatible with Temple Audio boards now.
    AC10 and Schizophrenic will follow in 1-2 months. ***** Power and AC Rider will first be changed in 2017 since we have some stock of the original versions yet.

Best,
    Poul Ciok
    CIOKS
    www.cioks.com

rummy likes this.
  17. leighianson

leighianson Member

18. jnepo1

Poul is now hoping for a December release before Christmas. Poul had health issues earlier this year which set back the production.

19. teleking36

I ended up moving on and just grabbing a used DC10. Maybe someday down the line I'll grab one used, but for now the standard DC10 is working for me.

I created a nice hack with my Temple board setup where I made my own power plug module with a Y cable. Standard IEC jack mounted to the top right module opening - under the board, the Y splits off and feeds the DC10, and the other is routed across the underside of the board where I made a 3-prong outlet jack module to power whatever else I want off of the opposite end of the board. I can now drop a surge protector next to the board and power whatever I want just from the IEC cable along with my monitor, iphone charger, extra pedals I want to use, etc. I was hoping to create this with the DC10 Link, but my hack actually works better because it doesn't rely on the DC10L feeding aux power. However, I still have to mickey mouse the DC10 under the board to get screw holes to line up, which ends up being a pain to keep out of the way of other pedals. Compromises, but at least I've found my way around it for the most part.

20. macteacher

macteacher Supporting Member

My DC10 is tremendous. I use it with inverter cables to power my Moogerfoogers. The link idea is a great addition that I might have to check out.