Cirith Ungol: Servants of Chaos (re-released on Metal Blade Records)

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by circusinthesky, Jan 31, 2012.

1. circusinthesky

circusinthesky Member

Well, its not as if YOU don't already own all the Cirith Ungol that's worth owning, right? Sure, you've got your King of the Dead, and One Foot in Hell, but did you ever think there might be more to the mighty Cirith Ungol? Did you consider for one moment, perhaps during the course of a seemingly endless night, that the metal behemoth, Cirith Ungol, had gem-like facets the likes of which you've never seen the likes of?

Did you?

Well, they don't. And you're probably fine with what you have, but some of the earlier material kicked ass, and you can get all of the good stuff in the form of a two CD best of, plus a live DVD from 1984 without having to buy those other two mostly crappy albums.

(Oh, and the DVD? Poor video, good audio. What do you want? Its not like anyone expected to use it thirty years later.)

2. eschoendorff

eschoendorff Member

Oddly enough, I kinda like the synth stuff in there.

3. circusinthesky

circusinthesky Member

Yeah, me too. The first few seconds, I'm all...WTF? Then it all sort of comes together. In general though, it was better when they moved away from the "hard rock" sound to the denim/leather metal phase.