CJOD: Check This Auction Out!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Texsunburst59, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

2. steeeve

steeeve Member

Oh the humanity!

Never got to try one of these. Looks like I never will at this point.

3. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

...you could always whack a rich guy:dude

-TJK

4. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Mine's not leaving my board...:dude

5. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I think most are going for $800-1000 now. i think because he was in Germany and did not post a picture brought the price down a bit. I'm trying to trade mine now but everthing offered I can't use or already had. Maybe I should just sell it. :confused:

6. threm

threm Member

Hi Clay,
    Nice to see you around!
    Mine CJOD is in daily duty and ain`t going nowhere.

I should have written you long ago thanking you for the pedal.
    It`s a keeper here.
    Thanks again !

Torstein

7. JimiB

JimiB Member

I LOVE my CJOD
    I love the way notes sustain perfectly into feedback.
    Its the best overdrive I've ever played and thats saying alot.
    The thought of being able to get $1000 for it however when my wife is getting ready to have a baby ect. makes things difficult.
    I feel however like it would be dissrespectful to Clay to do that so I won't. My only fear is that if this pedal ever got stolen I couldnt replace it.

Bless you Clay.
    Thanks for the killer OD
    I am playing better than ever thanks to it.
    What a wierd world we live in.

8. fyler

fyler Member

clay,
    i don't have one of your pedals, and probably never will considering the resale value, but i wanted to commend you on being an extremely admirable human being.
    good dudes are hard to find:)

9. steeeve

steeeve Member

You know, when I think of the developers, the insanely inflated prices kind of sicken me.

Clay, you should make some more and sell them for like $500.00. Seriously. The sound, from what I know, is probably "worth" that. You could undercut the gougers and still make quite a profit.

10. Bob Burt

Bob Burt Member

So the Missionary in Germany did it huh? That is sad....

I will be looking for you Friday Night.

We are gonna do a set at the Gutter Monday Night... Probably 9:00 - 9:30 or so.

Maybe you can make it for a little jam time?

PS: I heard the pedal sucks too... *smile*

See ya later Brother man,

BB

11. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

If someone offered me $1000 for mine I would not sell it. It will stay on my board as long as I play electric. It just feels and sounds right to me.

Plus, I count Clay now as a friend, and you can't put a price on that.

12. NuSkoolTone

NuSkoolTone Member

Or the Contrary, whip them out for $159 and rip the carpet right out from under the market's feet. BAM no gougin whatsoever, and the used pedals will command a fair price.

13. steeeve

steeeve Member

Now you're talkin' NuSkoolTone! That way I could get one too :D

14. OOG

OOG Member

that makes 2 of us
    i'm sure there's quite a few more

15. Souled Out

Souled Out Member

Hi Clay,

Most of us will never sell your pedal at any price. We understand the premise under which you built these. I thank Bob Burt for hooking me up with you. I bugged the crap out him and leveraged my cab buying relationship to get it. I play your pedal daily, I am constantly changing everything around it though. There are always gonna be those that get dragged around by the money thing. But again, I think most of us "Thank You" for tonal reasons. Please don't be disheartened by those who try and make a few bucks on your pedal. It will come back around on them, trust me. Karma works in strange ways. Thanks Curt

16. baald

baald Member

actually, if CJ doesn't want to build these for personal reasons and to avoid the bother (my understanding) why not release the design to all of us to build ourselves?

baald

17. Nekle

Nekle Member

Hi Clay!
    thanks for writing. you said that one bothered you - do you mind saying why. You said yourself that you didn't mind someone selling their pedals and getting what they can for them.
    Also, do you think you'll ever make a list to do the Rotovibe rebuilds - (ducks :) ) please please please? I played the one you did for Mark Moss. I was hoping he'd let me take it home for a bit to play around with but I couln'd pry it out of his hands. That pedal rocks:dude

18. Deaj

Deaj Member

I love the pedal and think the world of Clay. Doesn't matter what it's worth to others - mine stays with me. Thanks again Clay!

19. TDavis

TDavis Member

Steeve has a very good point there, about starting production on the CJOD again..to "quell" this sort of thing. I'm sure most of the members on this Forum that have the CJOD and appreciate this man's talent and expertise,won't sell theirs for "any" price, but however, this would be one way to assure the profits from Clay's talent and work stays with him....he's the one that deserves the profits.I don't know Clay Jones,and have never played one of his OD's,..but he's gave most of the profits from this "venture" to poor people.He's a "class act" in my "book"!!

20. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

Yep, add me to that list :D

I love that CJ OD way too much to sell it. It's smooth, articulate, has harmonic bloom, touch sensitive and it just sustainsssssss. I've never heard anything like it and I'm not sure if I ever will (which scares me, because if anything happens to it, I have a feeling I'll be S.O.L.).

I really hope that you can find someone to continue making that circuit Clay, because I think there are plenty of players that missed out that could do wonders artistically with your pedal. If you got someone else to make them, you wouldn't have to be discouraged at the ridiculous prices people are selling them for either. For some, it's a money making scam and nothing will kill that more than making it readily accessible.

You are a true gentleman though Clay and I respect your decisions no matter what :) If you can get so much tone from one pedal, I'd love to see what you do to other electronic circuits like amps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.