CJOD Em Rock Clip (T-bird amp)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by abergdahl, Sep 14, 2005.

1. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

This is a backing from a Cyberjam started in Sweden, not really my style but fun never the less. This was a great opportunity to try he CJOD in a different context. Volume on the Custom By Cougar Thunderbird amp is low, around 9 o'clock which gives "blues" OD or mild rock Crunch with my SG. So I switched on the CJOD to take it a few steps further. To my it sounds rather good. You can still hear the amps tone and it sounds a lot like the amp turned up to 3 o'clock but i bit smoother and easier on the ears (not as loud). The amps turned up is bit "ruder" for lack of better words.
    The thing i like about the CJ here is that it gives me a lot of turned up amps feel but colors the sound just a bit to give me a slightly different flavor :dude

Track can be found HERE .
    You can compare with the T-bird clips on Soundclick. It's a g12-65 speaker with a Sm57 close to the middle of the cone. No EQ or compression in the mix just echo.

Feel free to comment :)

2. Deaj

Deaj Member

Great tone! Smooth but aggressive and very natural sounding. I really dig the CJOD (it's the only OD pedal left on my board). Nice playing too!

BTW: the rhythm tone and playing reminds me of early Pat Travers. Very cool all around!

3. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

Thanks :) , rhythm is part of the backing so I'm innocent of that. Great pedal indeed :dude it has the most natural attack i have ever heard from a pedal. Very amp like in that respect, it does color the tone a bit after the intial attack which I have grown into liking, i did not like that at first but it give me a slightly different color than my amps.

4. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

I have commented various times in the past that the Em Pro was my favorite Two Rock to date and this tone is another good example of why I still feel that way. Smooth, woody and just raw enough to be in your face. Very nice tone!

5. marinblues

marinblues Member

Cool track and playing Anders!

6. abergdahl

abergdahl Member