• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Clapton at NOLA Jazz fest

Considering the miles and self-abuse EC has had, he's freekin' remarkable. Still looks great, still plays and sings great and when he wants to... the man is devastating on electric guitar. He's like the Clint Eastwood of music. (Or Clint's the EC of acting lol)

Through it all, he's been graceful. He's a stark contrast to his opening act - John Fogerty.

I'm also glad to see EC using some new 'seasoned' musicians in his working band. He seems at ease and in command. He has nothing to prove and no one to impress. That has to be a weird feeling for a guitarist... deep down, I think we're all looking to impress someone even if it's just ourselves.

EC played after JF, therefore JF came before. "opened" may be subjective, but EC closed the show therefore was the headliner... agreed? In my book, that makes everybody that comes before an opener.

Fogerty was trying to hard to be a rockstar. Clapton was comfortable in his own skin. I LOVE Fogerty, I can't emphasize that enough... I just wish his ego would relax and just play his music.

cpike

Yeah, the EVH style dive-bombs and tapping at the beginning of "Chooglin" seemed a little goofy, :eek: but most of the set was allright.

hot pepper

I think JF just truly enjoys what he's doing. I understand the excitement that happens when I stap on and plug in.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom