Clapton - Cream Sound Into Clean Amp

LSchefman

>>Some of the Cream stuff sounds horrible to me<<

On a lot of tunes you can hear the mic preamps breaking up, and crackling. Not a lot of headroom on a lot of 60s gear. So yeah, there's some definite problems with the recorded sound, anyway.

I heard Cream live a few times back in the day, and live...Clapton sounded fantastic.

>>Absolute worship of Albert King<<

Yup. And Clapton says so in interviews. Remember he was only 21 years old when the first Cream record came out.

T. Caster

Wasn't a lot of the Strange Brew sort of tone what he called "the woman tone", where he turned the tone know on the guitar almost all of the way?

Dan

gregory49

i have to comment on the BBB again, Considering the newer ones do have the rangemaster setting,it does have all the charecteristics of a treble booster, distortion, and Ge Fuzz Face. Very versatile I'm preatty sure you could plug it in to a marshall and get amazing tones out of it.(working on the marshall part)

byrdman

Using a clean amp, the answer for a Clapton Cream tone may be in stacking pedals rather than using one pedal and then rolling back the tone on the guitar. After experimenting further, an OCD (v3) into an ICBM is sounding pretty good. OCD gain at 1:00. ICBM gain at 10:00. Both with tone control at 11:00.

In general the OCD into the ICBM injects mids and solid high notes with a smooth sustaining tone.

slopeshoulder

+1 on Workingman's Blue, and you can hit it with something like a fuzz or treble booster. I use a rangemaster, fuzz face, or MK III (proanalog).
Live Cream.

Trending Topics