Clapton LTD "Brownie" Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by motorcitychick, May 13, 2015.

1. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

Is the Fender Custom Shop going to come out in 2015 with a Clapton LTD 2tbs NOS "Brownie" Strat, similar to the LTD in Blue and Grey? I would love to have one of these guitars if Fender is going to make them. Clapton was seen performing in New York with a 2tbs Strat, similar to his "Brownie", but in NOS.

2. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

I lusted for Brownie more than any other guitar because of the covers of Clapton's first solo album and the back cover of Layla. Blackie who? I loved the wear on the fretboard fifteen years before anybody thought to start making them that way. I'd love to have one!

3. 1radicalron

1radicalron Member

Bush once said "Brownie's doing a heck of a job"

4. seltaeb

seltaeb Member

Did EC's new sunburst Strat have the preamp? I couldn't tell in the YouTube clips I've seen of the NYC shows.

5. paulvcarter

paulvcarter Member

The clips I saw had him using the preamp IMHO

6. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I wonder if the guitar Clapton was playing is one of the custom shop editions, just not in the black finish! Otherwise Guitar Center may have the exclusive on whether to have another Brownie produced in a NOS for us non rich musician's to purchase, since Guitar Center bought the original Brownie a few years back. I would love to have a 2tbs like Clapton's with his signature on it.

7. Synex7254

Synex7254 Member

All Clapton's "recent" Strats are Custom Shop made guitars including the one he played in NYC and is using at the Albert Hall shows. It's just a 2 Tone Sunburst version of his Signature guitar made for him by the Fender Custom Shop. It has the Active Mid-Boost.

Whether it will become a production model (limited or otherwise) remains to be seen.

8. moosewayne

moosewayne Member

Wouldn't be difficult at all to part one together.