Clapton must have missed the memo about not wearing shorts on stage

ReidS

Looks like BB missed that memo to :)
BBKing_shorts.jpg

Dave Shoop

The question is not whether "you can" wear shorts on stage, the question is whether you can "get away with it" . Clapton clearly can.

Cottage

Exactly, why should he even care at this stage. I like that it makes him seem somewhat mortal!

mikeguy53

As far as Angus, when you have 5 100 watt Marshall stacks on stage you can wear a sequined jock strap!

stratovarius

Silver Supporting Member
Dude! I was there. You are talking about June in Dallas. I wouldn't have blamed him for wearing speedos!

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I think Clapton was trying to create a casual tone for the Crossroads festival to go along with his concept of it, besides also being comfortable in the heat of course.

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
Looks like BB missed that memo to :)
BBKing_shorts.jpg

I've always loved this picture. Yes, he's wearing shorts, but look at the rest of the outfit. This is not some blues slob wearing shorts, tie-dye, sneakers/flip flops and a baseball cap. :)

ReidS

I've always loved this picture. Yes, he's wearing shorts, but look at the rest of the outfit. This is not some blues slob wearing shorts, tie-dye, sneakers/flip flops and a baseball cap. :)

I think they should make dress shorts for business people,musicians, to wear during the summer with their suits,i'm sure they would be popular!

tapeworm

I've just never met people who care about this outside the realm of Planet TGP. It's one thing if you look like a slob and even then it is ok by me to dress how you feel. But a strict no shorts policy is just silly.

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
Like this?
2005716430042589192S600x600Q85.jpg

;)

Photograph taken by the pool, at a decade long seasonal paying gig at a resort, at which the people doing the paying thought that was appropriate dress. With a bunch of hot cocktail waitresses in bikinis walking around.

I'm not making that up.

birdie_in_texas

I can haz virgins?
So you guys are saying that for everyone that isn't Eric Clapton, that it is "not" ok to wear shorts..?

Now maybe I know why no one wants me to gig with them! :eek: :huh :huh :dunno :dude

Trending Topics

Top Bottom