Clapton or Green?

Clapton or Green?

• Clapton

Votes: 58 52.3%
  • Green

Votes: 53 47.7%

• Total voters

Johnny Cache

Of the two, Clapton. He had real fire in his belly at the time, and he cast the mold for those who came after

they were quite different though - just compare the fiery slow blues of Have You Heard, with PG’s understatement on Need Your Love So Bad. Different personalities, different strengths
I never got into their music that much, I was more into Paul Butterfield Blues Band and Mike Bloomfield. But it's hard to not like Clapton's work on so many fronts.

NSW

Silver Supporting Member
I thought this poll would be Clapton in a blowout. I’ll have to go back and listen to A Hard Road a few more times. The Beano album hit me right off the bat.

Jollyb

Gold Supporting Member
I thought this poll would be Clapton in a blowout. I’ll have to go back and listen to A Hard Road a few more times. The Beano album hit me right off the bat.

My feeling is people are not judging those two BB disc's and are making this a Clapton vs Green poll.

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
Of the two, Clapton. He had real fire in his belly at the time, and he cast the mold for those who came after

they were quite different though - just compare the fiery slow blues of Have You Heard, with PG’s understatement on Need Your Love So Bad. Different personalities, different strengths
Peter played a lot more like Clapton, in Mayall.

Ozzie31220

It’s Green for me; he‘s the guitarist that made me listen to blues more seriously. Though I LOVE Clapton’s playing on the Beano album.

pete692

Silver Supporting Member

Yeah, they’re all compelling in their own way, but Clapton is the complete package, right out of the box. He’s the archetype for nearly everything that follows in terms of melodic blues rock soloing and riffing

Average Joe

Peter played a lot more like Clapton, in Mayall.

Yeah, which i suppose is why I've always felt he came across as the lesser player in that band. Only by comparison, not that he was bad in any way. Once he came into his own with Fleetwood Mac he was a force to be reckoned with
Yeah, they’re all compelling in their own way, but Clapton is the complete package, right out of the box. He’s the archetype for nearly everything that follows in terms of melodic blues rock soloing and riffing
This thread had me put on my old Fleetwood Mac albums. I tend to forget just how good Green was sometimes, he was absolutely compelling and a master. But I also think he was far more traditional and that there's a reason why EC was the one who influenced the course of rock guitar.

Buzzard Luck

C’mon now, Clapton changed the world, and Green is a footnote.

feel so glad every time ‘fresh cream’ spins, and almost as inspired as Pagey when getting spooked by ‘green Manalishi’

Kossoff would have been the king, with a bit more time…

loiking

Live Cream Vol. II and Wheels of Fire Live are, in my opinion, unparalleled for group improvisation in a rock trio and Clapton's playing is the best outside of Hendrix. Peter Green wrote some good tunes but his playing is nothing special (again, IMO). Mick Taylor was a great foil to Keith but without the Stones he's also nothing out of the box.

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
makes you realize bb king had many disciples. his reach was massive.

ZeyerGTR

Clapton for his long, fruitful career... but I prefer A Hard Road to Beano (and in BB in general), so I have to vote Peter Green in this particular poll.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom