1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Claptons pedals on 07 tour??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sweepsrost, Jan 18, 2008.

1. sweepsrost

sweepsrost Member

2. Alienhead

Alienhead Member

he as a 25 db boost wired internally in his guitar.

3. monstermike

monstermike Member

Yeah, that boost will distort just about any amp you put it through, and I'd imagine he's running the Twin hot enough to distort even without the boost.

4. boonhogganbeck

boonhogganbeck Member

That and I think he cranks the twins and rides the guitar's volume knob to clean it up. He's about as close to "guitar-cable-amp" as you can get (I guess he still uses a crybaby).

5. BobbyRay

BobbyRay Supporting Member

That's eactly how I ran my Tweed Twin. It was plenty of drive when you run the amp at about 9 or 10 out of 12 on the volume knob, with the guitar full-up. Then turn up the mid-boost on the Clapton model strat and it just went into saturation. The Tweed Twin responds really nicely to the boost, not all amps do though.

6. Rock72

Rock72 Member

Is it Fender's Twins that he's using or is he still going with Denis Cornell's version of them?

7. BobbyRay

He's back to the Fender's, this time the Twin RI. I think, and I could be wrong that he does change the speakers to the Tone Tubbies, but I'm not sure about that part.

8. Rock72

Rock72 Member

He used the Tone Tubbies in the Cornell's as well. Wouldn't mind having either a Cornell or the Fender Twon RI :drool

9. theraygun

theraygun Member

There's a screen cap around here from the Crossroads show where I believe he's got a Boss tremolo and a wah and that's it.

10. Shawn3786

Shawn3786 Member

Correct there for his OD... Clapton also uses besides his '57 Tweed Twins (with Tone Tubbies) a Leslie, Boss Chorus CE-2, and a Vox wah.

11. BobbyRay

Just remember that the Cornell was an 80watt amp opposed to the Twins 40watts. To nail Clapton's tone you had to be rippin' loud with the Twin! It was a great tone though!

12. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

The only difference between Clapton using a boost pedal and his current setup is the boost is installed (by the factory) in his guitar instead of sitting on the floor. Not quite "guitar-cable-amp", at least in the strictest sense. JMHO, but I wish he'd pitch the heavy boost/distortion altogether. Just that Strat (sans the boost) into a good tweed Twin of any kind would sound much better (again, JMHO) and not so "generic". But, I know...:horse

Tom