Clark/Barber Gainster! What a GREAT pedal for my Fender 57 Tweed Twin!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SuperReverb2, Feb 28, 2006.

1. SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2 Member

My Clark/Barber Gainster arrived this morning, and I am VERY impressed with this pedal through my Fender 57 Tweed Twin. Sweet, open, (NOT too compressed) wonderful biting top end (without being harsh or brittle) and just the perfect gain range for the Blues to light Rock I like to play with my Heritage 535 with Seth Lovers.
    Build quality is exceptional, and the time from placing the order with Bob at The Perfect Note to arrival at my front door was under a week. VERY cool! (Thanks)
    I know much has already been written about this pedal, and now that I have tried/own one, I have to agree that it's pretty close to the best $139.95 I've ever spent.

Well done!

Chuck

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

everything mike touches seems to turn to gold. :cool:

3. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Yeah, the Clark Gainster loves tweed amps. I bought mine to go with my Clark Beaufort and it is a perfect match. I played it through my '66 Super Reverb at our last rehearsal and it sounded great with both my 335 and my EJ also, but with tweed circuits it is really nice. It just seems to give you more of what is there and thicken things up nicely. I am sold.

4. Wooley

Wooley Member

Yeah, I got mine about 10 days ago and I am completely in love. I run it with strat and sg to my Bassman, and it just rocks. Probably the best OD I've ever bought, certainly the closest to my dream tone, I've ever heard.

5. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

I've got an original big box gainster coming. I cant wait!!!!

6. James Knox

James Knox Member

Being a Barber fan (using a Tone Press and LTD) AND a Michael Clark fan (owning and playing through a Tyger and a Beaufort) I ordered one soon after they came out. It just didn't work for me - I liked the LTD much better. YMMV :eek:

Peace,

James

7. morgan

morgan Guest

Can you guys compare the gainster to some other pedals, maybe the direct drive, fd2, timmy, or honey bee? I've been thinking about poppin for a gainster, but want to know more about it.

8. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

It is different than everything you listed. LOL. It does make a tweed sound even better (apparently it IS possible after all). I was very suprised to see how much my cmatmods tubeslammer sounded like the big box gainster (the tubeslammer is just warmer/darker and capable of more gain). The gainster is definately worth a try though.

Bluzbreaker I guess I am gonna have ta try the LTD then huh(which you got silver or black)?

9. James Knox

James Knox Member