• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Clark Beaufort Discontinued

zoooombiex

Interesting news - the Beaufort is discontinued effective immediately. His blog notes that there's a new model coming out next year...

Always wanted to try that one, but always feared it wouldn't have enough clean headroom.

zekmoe

Gold Supporting Member
I liked mine much when I had it, but no, it had no clean headroom. At least not what I consider clean, like a Twin or Rivera.

phoenix 7

I believe some of them are capable of running 6L6s
Yeah, Mike made my Beaufort to run 6L6's. Had a bigger tranny too. Had enough clean headroom to gig with a band in fairly large rooms. Nice little amp, but not what I need now (for sale).

NeilYoungFan

Silver Supporting Member
Just noticed that on his blog and I was surprised! I'm not sure whether the "new model" refers to a 5E3 amp or the Gainster pedal. In a prior post he stated he would introduce a newer version of the Gainster in a smaller enclosure this time.

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Wow, that's surprising. I did see earlier that he was going to make a smaller version of the PTP Gainster, but now there is no mention of it on the site. I can't find any blurb about the Beaufort either. It is not listed in the products section at all. It is surprising because I would assume it is his best selling amp.

dead of night

Wow, that's surprising. I can't find any blurb about the Beaufort either. It is not listed in the products section at all. It is surprising because I would assume it is his best selling amp.
Yea, the Beaufort is to Clark as the Strat is to Fender.

Simon

Silver Supporting Member
I lucked out! I bought a used one the day of the anouncment, not knowing this was coming.
I still dont understand why though!

S.W.Erdnase

There are so many people making 5E3s - and some for cheap (with lesser components, natch) that I figure he's just going to stop production until the market changes. His stuff is primo but the guys who have deep pockets and short arms can get their fix cheaper just now.

I have the Premium with the LTD parrallel wiring. It runs either/or 6L6s/6V6s or any combination. An amazing amp.

Top Bottom