Clark Beaufort vs Victoria 20112

wingz9

Silver Supporting Member
If anyone could please help me with their opinions on both of these 5E3 clones I would appreciate it. I have a Clark Brown Princeton clone that he made for me and it's a great amp so I know about his build quality and his customer service which are both great. I have read that some people think the Victoria is more accurate sounding in comparison to the original. For the people that have played both what did you like about one versus the other?

rockinrobby

Senior member Professional musician ...
Double Platinum Member
I've never played a Clark However, I own a Victoria Deluxe clone / 20112 and do own an original 60 Tweed Deluxe and can say the Victoria is stiffer and a bit bright but they both give up the goods as one amp is 5 years old and the other is 54 years old.. I bet the Victoria will sound just a good as my original in about 10 years..

JDJ

Silver Supporting Member
I've had both. I'm partial to the Clark but it's hard to go wrong with either.

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
the Clarks are generally a little thicker sounding, and the Victorias have a little more cut. The Victorias are a little more lite weight as well. Both real nice. Victorias customer service is top notch.

Abandoned

Tweed Tube Tone Purist
If have to disagree with Victoria's CS. I did not receive good customer service from them when I did get a hold of them.

Most of the time they never called me back.

DeaconBlues

I've owned both and liked the Vicky just a little better than the Clark, but it's hard to go wrong with either amp.

rockinrobby

Senior member Professional musician ...
Double Platinum Member
If have to disagree with Victoria's CS. I did not receive good customer service from them when I did get a hold of them.

Most of the time they never called me back.
Thats funny Mark has always been there for me even if I just call to say hi? : huh:huh:huh

neils

My advice would be play as many 5e3's as you can. They all sound different. In an amp that simple every part matters.

It's also an amp you have to learn to use. If you're a guitar on "10" kinda guy I bet you hate it.

Do a search for "tale of two tweeds" to read more of my hot air. I have lots. But I did have 3 5e3 amps in 2013.

Nice thing about Vic or a Clark if you buy used you can resell for exactly what you paid. I even did that with a Li'l Dawg amp I sold.

Neil

blues

Silver Supporting Member
Thats funny Mark has always been there for me even if I just call to say hi? : huh:huh:huh
Ive found Victoria's customer service to be great.

Ive purchased amps from Mark direct and He always took time to answer my questions. Amps,tubes,speakers ect.

Same goes for e-mails.

neils

When I had questions and later a problem with the 20112 I bought used he was very helpful. This was an amp I bought used. I never bought a new amp from him

Neil

es137p

Silver Supporting Member
I've called Mark many times, he's always been top notch with any questions I've had.

Rusty G.

I was just checking the Clark Amps website, just to be sure. The Beaufort comes with an Alnico Blue Celestion speaker.
http://www.clarkamplification.com/beaufort.html

The Victoria 20112 comes with a Eminence Legend, which is an Alnico speaker.
http://www.victoriaamp.com/amplifiers-2/

I've got a Victoria 20112. I didn't really care for the speaker, so I purchased an Austin Speaker Works Alnico Absolute, which is supposed to emulate a 40 year old Celestion Blue. The amp is incredible.

ryhlick

Having owed both, and still own a vintage 59 tweed deluxe I would say the Clark has a looser feel. I have owned 3 Clark's and 2 Victorias both are good but I prefered the Clark's over all. Since acquiring the 59 and comparing both the Clark and Victoria to the 59, the 59 is more musical and has a better feel and tone.

neils

If you want a new amp that plays old you gotta check out

www.tweeddeluxe.com

The amp is built with a mix of new and NOS parts. It's built with "drifted" values where it matters.

Ron is very happy to answer emails with questions.

It's where I've landed.

Neil