Clark Beaufort vs Victoria 20112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Kmaz, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

If you want the best tweeds have to offer, which of these amps will it be? Looking forward to opinions.

2. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

having owned both, i don't think there's enough difference between them for there to be a winner in any meaningful fashion. both are really great tweed 'clones', have top notch parts selection and construction, sound really good and cough up the right sound.
    they are voiced slightly different (and i mean slightly) and work the same way a vintage deluxe does.
    my fave speaker for the tweed deluxe is the weber 12A125A.

3. Dave

Dave Member

Zero is right on. Both great amps. Just buy the one you can find for the lowest price.

4. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

The Beauforts I've seen can sell up to $200 less than the Vic 20112.

5. Dave

Dave Member

That's probably the Beaufort "special". Different cab, speaker and components compared to the more expensive "premium". Great amp for the money.

6. Kmaz

Kmaz Member

He's got the Beaufort listed on his website (Clark Amplification) for $1395. Comes with Celestion Blue speaker. Would this be the Premium model?

7. Dave

Dave Member

Yes. Celestion Blue, Michael's own hand built solid pine cab covered in lacquered tweed and, I think, Jensen paper in oil caps. My premium came with the paper in oil caps, but I'm not sure if that's part of the premium deal or if it's an option.

8. Eugene

Eugene Supporting Member

I believe the paper-in-oil caps come standard on the Premium (that's the model I own). Its a fantastic amp....sounds great with all my guitars but really shines with a tele.

The Vicky's are really nice too...can't really go wrong with either one. I think Chris Gray (Csgband) still has a nice Premium for sale on the emporium w/ NOS glass (which I definitely recommend)!

Good luck!

Eugene

9. m1911

m1911 Member

You cannot beat Victoria Amplifiers if Tweed is what you are looking for.
    Check out the new Book called "The Soul of Tone - Celebrating 60 Years of Fender Amps".
    They quoted Mark Baier (Owner of Victoria) throughout the book.
    Mark

10. GTRJohnny

GTRJohnny Member

They used to be an option on the premium, but now I heard that Mike went to Orange Drops or another option. For the complete story, best to contact Bob at tpngear.com. He is Mike's main support and sales shop and can tell you accurately what's going on.

I have never heard the Victoria, but have always wanted to. I know enough people who have them and rave about them to know that either choice would be a good one.

The only warning I would give you with either is that the Celestion Blue is amazing sounding, but it's not up for all-out cranking. If you want to run the amp at 10 all the time with a boost or drive in front of it, consider another speaker, like a Weber or a Gold. Enjoy the hunt! :BEER

11. littlejohn

littlejohn Member

I've owned two Clarks, Michael has always given me great support, in fact, he even offered to work on an amp I didn't purchase from him, that I was having problems with.

12. Eugene

Eugene Supporting Member

Interesting...it looks like Mike just updated his site and he notes the oil in paper saps as standard on the Premium...go figure! Regardless...its a fine amp...

And I agree 100%, the Blue is where its at!
    :BEER
    Eugene

13. Free

Free Member

+1 Mark Baier is as informed as they come. Read one of his interviews, and this becomes clear. Additionally, he is a trully cool and helpful guy. You can't lost going with Victoria.