Clark Gainster original

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wesv, Aug 20, 2008.

1. wesv

wesv Member

So I decided to try one of these out... Straight out of the box I am not liking this peal at all... What am I missing here. Just not cutting it through my super reverb & strat.

Any love for this pedal? What are you using it for? Just doesnt seem to work with my style of playing.

2. Wesman61

Wesman61 Supporting Member

I think it feels very amp-like but with a Strat and BF Fender style amp it's too sterile sounding. I believe it was designed to work with Tweed amps which makes sense. BTW it's good to see another Wes here!

3. wesv

wesv Member

Exactly, very sterile to me..

Yep, dont know too many Wes's!

4. shakti

shakti Member

Have you tried it on the normal channel, which is more tweed-like? It also needs to be used with an amp which is cooking a little bit to work its best, it doesn't really shine with a squeaky-clean amp (although I like it a bit like that as well).

I loved mine to bits, but in the end it became redundant on my board which now only has one OD pedal (lots of fuzz and fuzzy distortion though).

5. wesv

wesv Member

Will give it a go through the normal channel... Might take it to the gig tomorrow night to see if it holds up with the band. (Will bring the blues devil & TS808 just in case). ;)