Clark Gainster!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Guitar Fixation, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Guitar Fixation

Guitar Fixation Member

I have the big box version and it just KILLS. I use it with my Clark Beaufort Reverb and newly acquired PT100. For the Beaufort it add some very nice break up and beyond if I crank the gain. It really makes the amp sing with single coils, but gets LOUD quick. With the PT100 it is magic. In Channel 1 it gives me a fat Marshall tone (Zep, AC/DC), for Channel 2 and 3 it boosts the gain and adds saturation, it has a different character from the PT's boost switch, I prefer the tone with the Gainster, makes pinch harmonics come alive. Just wanted to give it a shout out, and look at the guts, a work of art. I am going to have to open up my Beaufort soon to have a look inside, I'm going to bet it looks just as good. Mike Clark is awesome.

- Paul

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dale

Dale Member

Nice looking pedal!

3. koa

koa Member

Sweet pedal. Absolutely love the graphic.

4. Snottyboy

Snottyboy Member

I've been using mine a lot recently for some really greasy tones. Fun stuff!

5. bigdaddystinkeye

bigdaddystinkeye Member

I've got one of those big guys on my board. It really does have a great sound that you can dial in for any type of guitar.

6. Guitar Fixation

Guitar Fixation Member

The build quality still blows me away. Mike started offering these again, I may just have to buy another to have two different boost levels. Plus they are a work of art inside.

7. stellablue

stellablue Member

I go back and forth between my Gainster and a PCE Aluminum Falcon(klone). they are similar except that the Gainster has a much fatter tone. I usually just leave it on. It makes my whole rig sound better.

8. es137p

es137p Supporting Member

when you dime the gain on the Gainster, you get real nice thick drive, its good all the way around the dial.

9. PotterPicker

PotterPicker Member

I bought a Gainster about 4 years ago. It was the first boutique item I purchased. At the time I was using it with a modded Valve Jr! Unfortunately it either got stolen or I left it somewhere about 3 years ago... Just recently I bought another and this time I am using it with my Clark Beaufort and it kicks ass! It's the perfect way to boost the gain at low volume around the house. One of my best purchases ever... even the second time around!

10. S.W.Erdnase

S.W.Erdnase Supporting Member

Whoo-hoo! Mine just arrived!

11. wailsound

wailsound Member

I have a protype big box Gainster and I love it , I just use it to warm my clean up a bit and leave it on all the time. Very nicely built.