• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Clark Lil' Bit Ltd.

jpervin

Silver Supporting Member
This amp has a 5E3 Deluxe preamp section and a 5F1 Champ power section. Runs (1) 6V6, (2) 12AX7s and a 5Y3. Four inputs.

Does this type of circuit lend itself to earlier breakup than a standard 5E3?

Last edited:

GrungeMan

As I stated in your Sell 5E3 thread, look for a Kendrick Crude series Wildcat. It's a 5E3 with fixed bias, it will be louder tighter and as a former owner I can verify it is so. Have a 5E3 with fixed bias built???

Last edited:

JES1680

Silver Supporting Member
I have a clark li'l bit. It dosen't really break up earlier, it's just not as loud. Clean until about 3 on the volume and then starts to break up just like a standard 5E3.

GuitarNorton

I have a Clark 5-E3 and a lil' Bit LTD. They break up the same. The front ends are the same 5-E3, the champ power section on LTD runs in true class A all the time. The 5E-3 runs in class AB till its pushed full out and then goes into class A. So they are the same but different. The LTD being class A has a more immediate attack, more defined punchy tone is the best I can describe it.
Mine has two power tubes single ended, 6 watts 6v6's......14 watts 6L6's. Can run dual 6V6, 6L6's KT-66 or any combination of the two. 5Y3 or 5AR4.

Last edited:

Top Bottom