1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Classic 50 Input Jacks

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by wavey63, Feb 10, 2008.

1. wavey63

wavey63 Member

My input jacks are pretty shot at this point. Lots of loud zapping whenever the cord is jarred. Any idea where to find replacements that will solder to the board without modding?

2. Rosewood

Rosewood Member

Call Peavey parts department, great people to deal with, price and shipping is always great in all the times I've called them.

3. Mr-Punk

Mr-Punk Member

If you can't get them thru Peavey try tubesandmore.com. They should have them.

4. booj

booj Member

Have you tried re-soldering the jacks? Sometimes they develop halos of cracked solder around the connections, and all it takes is a reflow of solder on the connections. (at the same time add just a bit of fresh solder to supply a little flux to the re-solder connection.

5. wavey63

wavey63 Member

Will try that ... thanks guys!!

6. AR-305

AR-305 Member

Peavey part # 71466080. This is their standard PC mount 1/4" jack for most of the older stuff. Clips to the board. Call parts dept. and they'll be happy to look it up for you.

7. WaltC

WaltC Member

What I've done on a number of amps with pc-board mounted input jacks is de-solder the old jack and put a SwitchCraft jack on the chassis and run wires from it to the pc-board. Fixes the problem and isolates the jacks (and associated wear and tear) from the board. Sometimes there isn't enough room between the chassis mounting location and the board to allow it, but where you can make it work it significantly improves the reliability of the amp.

FWIW