Classic Blackmore - Lazy Live 1972

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Go Cat Go!!, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Go Cat Go!!

Go Cat Go!! Member

2. jezzzz2003

jezzzz2003 Member

3. Down and Out in NYC

Down and Out in NYC Gold Supporting Member

Way cool. I was 4 when they recorded that. I'm pretty sure I hadn't heard Deep Purple till I was seven or eight. Smoke on the Water , 95.5 WPLJ on my shiny new red realistic transistor radio. One of my earliest if not my earliest memories of the road to ruin.

Got me thinking now, how old was I when that happened ? What year did smoke on the water come out ?

4. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

gargamel sure can shred!

5. vibroverbus

vibroverbus Member

I like how casual the scene is. They're just milling around, Paice swills a beer and kind of just hangs there 1/2 paying attention as it gets started... somehow a nice change from the overproduced overperfect shows you see now.

Once it gets going they rock it (that organ solo intro is pretty weak though). Too bad Ritchie's such a whiney bitch and can't seem to get along with anybody (even in his 'own' band Rainbow he kept firing everybody)... But the dude is awesome... his vibrato is KILLER, I assume he'd started the scalloped fret thing by then?