classic PIGNOSE model 7-100 practice amp demo

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by Bobby D, May 19, 2011.

1. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

we did a little "experimenting" down in key west. blame it on the rum.....

2. big mike

big mike House Plexi Staff Member

That's a trip. LOL

3. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Should have put it in a Zip Loc bag, sealed it off, then submerged the thing! LOL

4. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

lol.....great idea!

heh -- this video got featured in the "guitar squid" weekly blog - my pignose down the well is FAMOUS!

also in the video - the red haired dude is REDAWG - famous Key West drummer who plays at Irish Kevins and nearly every other bar in Key West.

Gary W Ek is the guy doing the talking and putting the amp down the well - he is the son of John Ek, the most famous american military knifemaker of WWII, Korea, and Vietnam - several US Presidents had EK Knives on their desks, and many many many US servicemen carried and used those knives during the wars - I have been working on a book about Gary's dad for several years - he was a double agent for the CIA working with Castro, helped train the 2506 Brigade for the Bay Of Pigs invasion, and did quite a few other things that i am STILL trying to get to the bottom of thru the Freedom Of Information Act inquries with the FBI, NSA, CIA, etc -- i DO know that John Ek rented some surveillance equipment to some guys who were involved with Watergate. Quite an interesting man....and Gary has been a friend of mine for 15 years, ran sound for me in St Augustine back in the 90s, and is growing old disgracefully in Key West.

the guy at the end of the video is Mark the Beemer - a Key West local who has lived and worked in Key West for 30 years - and it shows :YinYang

Key West is quite an unusual place. I highly encourage EVERYONE to take a visit there at least once......

5. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

6. Nick C

Nick C Member

looks like fun.

7. Wedge

Wedge Supporting Member

Looks like a great time was had! How can you not down there.....

8. OccTone

OccTone Supporting Member

for the next installment in the video series you should demonstrate the amazing leslie tones you can achieve by swinging the pignose over your head like a lasso, lol

9. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Supporting Member