• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Classic Rock Songs That Should Be Retired.

Wesman61

Silver Supporting Member
None of course but if I could get My radio to skip past certain songs it would be:

Born To Be Wild

Radar Love

Any of The GnR songs that end with Axl spending 30 seconds imitating a dying whalrus. (So I guess all of them)

The entire Led Zeppelin IV album needs to be retired. It seems like people forget that Led zeppelin made other, better albums. Out of all of them though, Stairway needs to go away and die. I hate that song.

Alister

Silver Supporting Member
I would be very, very grateful if I never heard another Kiss, Styx, U2, or Boston song until the end of time. And I would actually contribute to the fund, for Cheap Trick to go far, far away. Forever.

But radio programmers, just like Grammy awarders, have never cared what I want, and neither do those bands' fans.

enocaster

Brown Eyed Girl
Rock 'n Roll All Night
I love Cheap Trick, but they should play something other than the Budokan version of "IWYTWM"
That Smell
Aerosmith after 1980
Born To Be Wild

Pretty much everything Clapton did in the 70s and 80s...

Start Me Up

Rock You Like A Hurricane (I live in Raleigh, NC, so we have to hear that song at the beginning of every Carolina Hurricanes hockey game, so it's definitely dead to me)

Hold On Loosely

Most of Ozzy's catalog

Sunshine of Your Love

Pretty much all Lynard Skynard songs (again, I live in the South, where the radio likes to serve LS for breakfast, lunch and dinner)

Most of Bob Seger's stuff

Hmmm...I guess this is why I have XM/Sirius and very rarely listen to my local radio stations...

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
Most of the Rolling Stones stuff, starting with Satisfaction.

Taking Care of Business...flush it already.

The Doors....ok...I get it.....enough already....if Jim Morisson were still alive...even he's say "Damn, they play a lot of Doors on the radio."

EricPeterson

Old time Rock and Roll
Sweet Home Alabama
Juke Box Hero
Anything by Poison, Motley Crue, and Def Leopard

Thor

Aerosmith's version of "Train kept a rollin'".

"One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer"

And the top hits from the killer "B"s (Boston, Bob Seeger, BTO, & Bad Co.)

It's so sad how we can be subjected to the same tunes day in and day out considering the bredth and depth of Classic Rock.

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Platinum Supporting Member
+5000 On Sweet Home Alabama!

I'm a huge LS fan from the beginning, but GREAT LAWD GIVE IT UP!!!!!

Every gig we play, we get asked for SHA. It's like a plague. We don't play it because we're sick of it. We do some other Skynyrd stuff-some that are harder to play that aren't on the radio every 10 minutes like "Preacher Man."

I love drunks.

Mark

Trending Topics