Clay Jones coming!

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Well, I found a Clay Jones (#18) from a GP member. I also have a Landgraff coming. Should be interesting to hear what all the buzz is about. I have room on my board for one more OD. Right now there is a Klon and a Zendrive on it, we'll see which remain! :D

johan

Congrats!
I have a CJOD, Klon and Zendrive on my board:)
Haven't tried the Landy...yet!

muddy

i've never played a landy, but you're in for a huge surprise when you get the cjod. the sound is exquisite. :cool:

ml

flash1

The CJOD is the bees knees on my board, also have the Klon and a trex mudhoney that I double up with the Klon from time to time. The Zen just left, excellent pedal, I just have it covered with the above.

GAT

Decay-o-caster,

I'll let you know, it wasn't cheap though. I'm glad you're diggin' the London. The Sex Amp is sure unique and cool. :cool:

trucks

Congrats! I, too, scored a used CJOD a while back. It was not cheap either, but worth every penny several times over. You are gonna have a mighty good time when it arrives. :)

GAT

I actually got it today, sounds great. I also got my Landgraff today, and that sounds great too. Seems like I like the Landgraff for humbuckers and the CJ for strats, but I've only had about 20 minutes to check them out. I was running them through my Constellation. I'll try them on my other amps, I have a session so I'm sure they will be used. The other thing is, the Klon still sounds great when compared to them and the Zendrive has it's own thing which I don't hear the others doing. i have never had 4 ODs on a board but that may happen soon. :cool:

trucks

My CJOD sounds pretty incredible with my Baker. Have you tried yours? If the CJOD sounds better with single coils that is *almost* enough to make me buy a guitar with them (again, again, again). :( Wait, this could be my excuse to try a Suhr. :D

I have a 4 od's as well: Zendrive, Timmy, CJOD and OCD. They all have their place. Zen is warm and smooth, Timmy adds grit, CJOD is the singer and OCD kicks with chord work.

I will be interested to hear your thoughts after you have more time with the CJOD (and the Landy).

GAT

$800.00!!! Man, maybe I'll sell mine right now!

The Bakers sound great with it, and the P90 Bakers are very full.

I usually use one amp for Strats and one amp for Humbuckers/P90s so i may dedicate one or two ODs per amp. It makes it easy to specify ODs/amps to optimize each type of guitar. I'm the main singer in my band and I need ease of obtaining different tones.

The CJOD has a certain midrange that is great for strats.

Jemlite

Originally posted by GAT
I actually got it today, sounds great. I also got my Landgraff today, and that sounds great too. Seems like I like the Landgraff for humbuckers and the CJ for strats, but I've only had about 20 minutes to check them out. I was running them through my Constellation. I'll try them on my other amps, I have a session so I'm sure they will be used. The other thing is, the Klon still sounds great when compared to them and the Zendrive has it's own thing which I don't hear the others doing. i have never had 4 ODs on a board but that may happen soon. :cool:
I've got a Landgraff on the way. I'd like to hear more about what you think of the two after a few miles.

Thanks. :)

itsLars

Hi trucks,

Originally posted by trucks
I have a 4 od's as well: Zendrive, Timmy, CJOD and OCD. They all have their place. Zen is warm and smooth, Timmy adds grit, CJOD is the singer and OCD kicks with chord work.
Funny. I have nearly the same setup. I play thru Timmy -> OCD -> CJOD -> Clark Gainster.
In which order did you hook them up?
The Gainster runs as a post od boost, gain set nearly to zero. Timmy is setup for clean boost sometimes ... or the way you mentioned.

The Gainster is a great lead boost (in a Klon way I suppose....never tried one actually) but I could imagine trying a more balanced boost instead (without the mid-hump).
Any suggestions? A Catalinbread SCP could be nice, I think. I sold mine a year ago 'cause I had no need for a boost then. :-(

Bye,
Lars

Trending Topics