1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Clay Jones coming!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GAT, Oct 13, 2005.

1. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Well, I found a Clay Jones (#18) from a GP member. I also have a Landgraff coming. Should be interesting to hear what all the buzz is about. I have room on my board for one more OD. Right now there is a Klon and a Zendrive on it, we'll see which remain! :D

2. johan

johan Member

Congrats!
    I have a CJOD, Klon and Zendrive on my board:)
    Haven't tried the Landy...yet!

3. muddy

muddy Member

i've never played a landy, but you're in for a huge surprise when you get the cjod. the sound is exquisite. :cool:

ml

4. flash1

flash1 Member

The CJOD is the bees knees on my board, also have the Klon and a trex mudhoney that I double up with the Klon from time to time. The Zen just left, excellent pedal, I just have it covered with the above.

5. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Dibs on it when you decide to turn it over! :)

6. johan

johan Member

Anyone heard anything about the DIY CJOD?

7. GAT

Decay-o-caster,

I'll let you know, it wasn't cheap though. I'm glad you're diggin' the London. The Sex Amp is sure unique and cool. :cool:

8. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

Say, what's the going rate for a CJOD? And how much were they originally?

9. trucks

trucks Member

Congrats! I, too, scored a used CJOD a while back. It was not cheap either, but worth every penny several times over. You are gonna have a mighty good time when it arrives. :)

10. GAT

I actually got it today, sounds great. I also got my Landgraff today, and that sounds great too. Seems like I like the Landgraff for humbuckers and the CJ for strats, but I've only had about 20 minutes to check them out. I was running them through my Constellation. I'll try them on my other amps, I have a session so I'm sure they will be used. The other thing is, the Klon still sounds great when compared to them and the Zendrive has it's own thing which I don't hear the others doing. i have never had 4 ODs on a board but that may happen soon. :cool:

11. trucks

trucks Member

My CJOD sounds pretty incredible with my Baker. Have you tried yours? If the CJOD sounds better with single coils that is *almost* enough to make me buy a guitar with them (again, again, again). :( Wait, this could be my excuse to try a Suhr. :D

I have a 4 od's as well: Zendrive, Timmy, CJOD and OCD. They all have their place. Zen is warm and smooth, Timmy adds grit, CJOD is the singer and OCD kicks with chord work.

I will be interested to hear your thoughts after you have more time with the CJOD (and the Landy).

12. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

Anyone?

13. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Very cool, I have one of the CJOD's along with a TIM on my board right now.

14. basscracker

basscracker Guest

saw one for $800.00 on here:eek: :rolleyes: :confused: new i think they were $250.00:confused: .

15. GAT

$800.00!!! Man, maybe I'll sell mine right now!

The Bakers sound great with it, and the P90 Bakers are very full.

I usually use one amp for Strats and one amp for Humbuckers/P90s so i may dedicate one or two ODs per amp. It makes it easy to specify ODs/amps to optimize each type of guitar. I'm the main singer in my band and I need ease of obtaining different tones.

The CJOD has a certain midrange that is great for strats.

16. basscracker

basscracker Guest

i don't think it sold.

17. JZWest

JZWest Member

Were was it! Who has it!

18. basscracker

basscracker Guest

19. Jemlite

Jemlite Member

I've got a Landgraff on the way. I'd like to hear more about what you think of the two after a few miles.

Thanks. :)

20. itsLars

itsLars Member

Hi trucks,

Funny. I have nearly the same setup. I play thru Timmy -> OCD -> CJOD -> Clark Gainster.
    In which order did you hook them up?
    The Gainster runs as a post od boost, gain set nearly to zero. Timmy is setup for clean boost sometimes ... or the way you mentioned.

The Gainster is a great lead boost (in a Klon way I suppose....never tried one actually) but I could imagine trying a more balanced boost instead (without the mid-hump).
    Any suggestions? A Catalinbread SCP could be nice, I think. I sold mine a year ago 'cause I had no need for a boost then. :-(

Bye,
    Lars