• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Clean amp users, what's your main overdrive/distortion?

david henman

xotic sp compressor - always on
mild overdrive - cmatmods signa drive
medium overdrive - keeley-mod ts9 tube screamer
distortion - radial bones london

covers the spectrum with virtually zero buzz, fizz or other artifacts

eddie knuckles

Gold Supporting Member
The band I'm in plays primarily Top 40 Country and some blues and rock tunes mixed in

Saturn V - always on (harmonic booster)
ZenDrive Gold - (OD) almost always on

Use guitar volume control for clean to hair to snarl
VOLUME PEDAL - to dance between being out front or in back supporting the rhythm section

I use either a Les Lius (lovepedal) or a Figure 11 (Figure effects) for slide guitar parts - extra grit is good for slide

Once or twice a show will kick in a fuzz (Jupiter - Walrus Audio)

DecoWaves

Gold Supporting Member
Barber Gain Changer (Low Gain Setting) ... then, when desired, kick on the Mojo Hand Iron Bell for High Gain (although this pedal has the gain set low at 9pmish).

Lullabies

I guess technically I use a clean amp... I have an always on Malekko Sloika drive set high volume and low gain and saturate at minimum to add zing and body to my cleans and it makes my main Pharaoh fuzz more badass too. My clean signal was always super thin and spanky even with humbuckers so I found this the best way to get nicer cleans and not affect the Big fuzz sound too much.

TrevorReznik

What would you suggest for a Fender Blues Deville (6l6)? I own a gibson es339 and play Shoegaze, my main distortion has aways been a '78 opamp Big Muff, I just bought the Deville but I haven't played it with the band still

Maxon SD9. Just play with guitar volume for breakup to scream. Also just bought a Amp eleven from lovepedal. Occasionally using a Octavio.

DoctorBray

Fulltone OCD is the main/higher gain drive, frequently boosted by a Barber Gain Changer (both @ 18 volts) which is my light OD tone. Also, I like running a compressor before these two to fatten things up with my Strat.

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
My new fave is a Bearfoot Model H

It can sound like my amp cranked up... Or my amp with a fuzz.

I play some rock, shoegaze, blues, jazz, classic rock etc...

Squatch57

I use an MI Blues Boy Deluxe for low gain and an HBE Full Metal Jacket & EC Overlord for medium
For higher gain there's a Dirt & Ernie (Dirt side is Marshally) & EC Mystical Sustainer
and then there's fuzz...but sometimes I use the Amptweaker Tight Fuzz as a low gainer, it's got a wide range

Black_Label

I have a confession to make.

I stack.

I'm a stacker.

Many, many pedals. Many pedals I haven't even told my girlfriend I've bought. I've bought so many pedals I can't even remember. I've bought pedals and immediately flipped them without playing them. I've owned four Timmys and didn't like any of them. I've owned pedals and didn't play them in church. I've bought pedals just because of how they look. I've bought pedals because they were popular on TGP and then I stacked them and hated them. I'm a horrible man. Klon.

scotty31

Silver Supporting Member
Jouster for distortion (modes 1 and 2)
Jester/Tube Drive interchanged for OD

br91

The most useful pedals have been the Harlow and Elements lately. OCD has been working quite well.
I haven't had enough time with the Burnley yet.

smakked

MI Audio CrunchBox and a BadMonkey as a boost for high gain, for low gain my trusty Jet city Afterburner.

CodeMonk

In signal chain order:
TS808
TS9DX
BoR
FD2

The FD2 is my #1 OD.
I sometimes boost it with either one of the TS's or the BoR
I will also sometimes use one of the TS's to boost the BoR.
And sometimes use a Fuzz (Which changes often) to push a TS.

All into an AC30.

Edit:
Someone mentioned a compressor.
The only time I usually my compressor, its the only pedal on, although sometimes I will have a little delay with it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom