• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Clean Boost as a Headphone Amp?

Mas Fuego

When I try to run my pedal board to my headphones I can barely hear it. Will a clean boost pedal be enough to power studio/over ear headphones?

Heady Jam Fan

You don't want to hear it. Without a speaker emulator, it will sound pretty bad (at least if there is any distortion).

DaveKS

At very minimum you need a headphone amp to drive headphone. But even that won't sound like a guitar amp, you a interface with amp/cab simulation in between.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
Different impedances and signal levels. Like the other said, you can't run an effect pedal into headphones. You need a device with a headphone output.

Mas Fuego

At very minimum you need a headphone amp to drive headphone. But even that won't sound like a guitar amp, you a interface with amp/cab simulation in between.
Not trying to simulate an amp. Just want to hear my pedal board without waking my kids.

Sent by supernatural powers

DaveKS

Not trying to simulate an amp. Just want to hear my pedal board without waking my kids.

Sent by supernatural powers
Well trust me you probably don't want to hear it with out it, especially if it's using any kind dirt pedals. It sounds awful.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom