• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Clean-only Ethos coming this summer!

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
Just got off the phone with Rob from Customtonesinc and he told me it was ok to let folks know that a clean-only version of the ethos will be available this summer. It will be considerably less money than the 2 channel ethos currently on the market and will have the option of soft clipping so you can get some gritty tones out of it if you want to. Additionally, it'll have master and gain knobs for more control.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
is this a clean only distortion pedal? :huh
It's like the clean channel of a dumble amp. If you've ever played a dumble clone you'll note that you can get either a pristine clean tone or a clean tone with hair that can be driven into classic semi-overdriven tones ala Clapton Bluesbreakers or John Mayer.

So it's more like a clean only pedal that is capable of slight edge

eagle2x

jack: Will this help give us Jazz guys a tube warmth to solid state amps? I was about to pull the trigger on an Ethos based on your posts on jazzguitar.be related to what it does to add warmth to solid state, but hesitated since I already have a Zendrive.

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
The clean side of the Ethos TLE is definitely world class. The OD channel is generically ok, but not spectacular like the clean side IMO. This new pedal should be a winner.

BTW Jack, I just bought vol 1 of your book and am working on it every day. You have a great knack for communicating.

ipm

Silver Supporting Member
Great news! There is clip on his site where he stacks two ethos, one clean and one dirty. That opens some serious sonic possibility. I have ethos amp with tle switch and I always wanted to have a clean one in front. Also, it would be great for my jazz gigs if I decide to give up on amp version because of price.

Empros

Very interested in this. If the price is right, I'm in. I've wanted something to warm up any backline/direct-to-PA.

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
Good to hear - long time coming. Did he say if the amp emulation stuff will still be part of the pedal?

ipm

Silver Supporting Member
Ok, I want clean Fender amp in a pedal from this guy. He made great D-style amp in a pedal, so I trust his expertise to make clean F amp too. And I'm sure that there is a lot of us in the camp.

lightningblues427

Loving my Ethos, TLE switch is a great addition, very glad I opted in for that, I just purchased the Origin Effects Cali76 transformer model Compressor specifically to pair with the Ethos, I can't help but think it should be a match made in heaven, I could definitely jive on a Clean channel only Ethos, the perfect addition to custom drives.

I sure would love to see Custom Tones build some drive pedals to, similar to what Cornish does, Rob sure does make good stuff.

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
Robbie - Thanks for posting. For myself, a blackface tone with some EQ and gain options would be great. I would find it especially useful if it could fit in an MXR sized enclosure.

orogeny

nice to have this available after all these years!
how long has it been?

doesn't matter. yes is the answer.

anyway, on the 'fender' clean?

f*ck that. i/we want the steel string slinger. . . .

Nota

My Ethos is my bread and butter, my only OD/distortion pedal, and my entire sound. I gig with it direct to PA using a 9V supply -> battery clip adapter.

I don't want a Fender pedal or clean channel Ethos from Rob. I already have what I need :D

The only thing I could possibly want from the Ethos is maybe 2-3 different speaker sims to choose from... yay even more knobs/switches! ... and maybe a normal 9V plug instead of the wacky 12V one.

Top Bottom