Cleanish Lead 55 clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by sampleinajar, Oct 3, 2006.

1. sampleinajar

sampleinajar Member

Hey everyone,

By suggestion, I deleted the thread in the amps section and am reposting it here.

Many tend to think that the Lead55 is an all out rock machine, but I think this clip shows why I like non MV old-style Marshall's so much. This is an excerpt from a board recording (with some room mics too) from a show last year. This is the neck p/u of my Suhr strat, Y'd into both inputs of my Lead 55. There are no pedals used, and the delay is a TC added post-mic. I haven't adjusted the controls on the amp at all from my usual settings for more rock sounds. All I need to do is flip to the bridge pickup and stomp on a boost (RC, '69, or tube driver) and I get a searing lead tone. This is a VERY versatile amp.

Oh, and if there are more clams than a beachside bonfire, please bear in mind that this was our other guitarist's birthday, and that it's just the Cuervo talking.

Cheers,

Steve

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=608782&songID=4509652

2. Calloway

Calloway Member

Man that sounds great! Very clean and Garcia esque (I dig Jerry so don't take it as an insult.) That is how a strat sound should be imo.

3. sampleinajar

sampleinajar Member

Wow! Thanks alot. I'll take that as a more than generous compliment. Being a board tape, there is a certain amount of ambience that is lost to the sound, but I have to say, I really dig a strat into this amp.

Thanks again!

Steve

4. johnfindlay

johnfindlay Member

i played thru a Germino in my studio one night-I loved the clean - "ish"
    sounds-and it rocked like a mo' too!

nice happy wailing !