Clear Cut - "Apologies" Demo

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Schroeder, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Schroeder

Schroeder Gold Supporting Member

If you want shred, you have come to the wrong place!! My band Clear Cut is more along the lines of Train, Matchbox. This is a departure from our normal straight forward rock. We went a bit retro. I was going for a bit of a Beatles feel for the overall song but the solo is inspired by Brian May's lead tones.

This is basically a scratch track at this point but I would love to hear any production suggestions too.

http://www.schroederguitars.com/p/Mu...012-4-07v3.mp3

Thanks for listening!
    Jason

2. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    Cool changes

Love all the sections

The guit tone is nice and crispy, and yes you mos def got the May vibe

3. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

I like the song, it's got a great vibe. The band is got a great sound going on. I love the lyrics. Great job.

4. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Great performance of a neat song!

5. DucRyder

DucRyder Member

Snare drum is louder than the other drums and is too high up in the mix (sounds like it could have been tuned a bit better too). Vocals could use a little delay to create depth. Your guitars could use a slight bump in volume when the chorus comes in and the bass needs re EQing to find a place in the mix. I like the song and I like the playing, I think you have a nice foundation to get some good sounds. The thing that sticks out tho is the snare YMMV

6. Schroeder

Schroeder Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the comments guys! Really appreciate it. Again, lots of mixing to be done on it. But this is great to hear before we start the remix.
    Jason