Clearer screamers

nujnujnuj

Hi folks!

Any one can recommend a TS pedal that is a lot clearer than 808/808 clone?

So far (and based from my not limited experience), I found that these tubescreamers are:
Cusack Screamer
Jam Tubedreamer 72/+

Appreciate your feedback.

psithurism

I've always been a Tubescreamer guy and I can't recommend the Jam Pedals 'Tubedreamer' enough. It's the best TS style pedal I've ever heard/owned and really retains so much clarity on chords and lead, guitar solo work. And it's the sweetest sounding OD with both single coils and humbuckers.

I'm not even a jazz guy, but love Gilad Hekselman and it was after hearing his jaw dropping overdriven sound, and learning he uses a Tubedreamer, that I bought one. It's so good!

Alabamarama

Mojo Hand Rook, I use one as an ways on tone fattener.

I run my amps on the edge of breakup and even with the gain set high on the Rook, it allows for good picking dynamics to cause amp distortion. The EQ is great for fine tuning your tone after setting the dip switch for how open/compressed you want the pedal to be.

Good stuff.

nujnujnuj

I've always been a Tubescreamer guy and I can't recommend the Jam Pedals 'Tubedreamer' enough. It's the best TS style pedal I've ever heard/owned and really retains so much clarity on chords and lead, guitar solo work. And it's the sweetest sounding OD with both single coils and humbuckers.

I'm not even a jazz guy, but love Gilad Hekselman and it was after hearing his jaw dropping overdriven sound, and learning he uses a Tubedreamer, that I bought one. It's so good!

Me too. Tubedreamer is just a phenomenal pedal. Not too much going on like mods or extra controls, but its tone is dialed just perfectly. I prefer the 72, or plus.

ckalinec

I have a Bonsai and the JHS side of it is a good bit less compressed and midrange-y. The new 3 series screamer they just released uses that circuit. May be one to look at and the 3 series are great prices.

johnh

i have a Moeller, which has a clean blend. Like others have said, you can increase the clean mix to increase clarity.

also, like someone else said, the Keeley Red Dirt has more clarity than my other TS style pedals to my ears.

the other thing I find very useful at time is to run a clean boost in front of a normal tubescreamer. I actually think I like this solution best, because the thing about a TS with greater clarity is that you lose something of the greatness of the classics TS - which is warmth, saggy compression, juiciness Etc. By using a clean boost, you can either have the clean boost on for more clarity, or have the classic TS on its own.

Reactions: NSW

killer blues

Hi folks!

Any one can recommend a TS pedal that is a lot clearer than 808/808 clone?

So far (and based from my not limited experience), I found that these tubescreamers are:
Cusack Screamer
Jam Tubedreamer 72/+

Appreciate your feedback.
ts808hw. the best

LikeAMotherF

Gold Supporting Member
The Sparkle Drive Mod is another great contender- not only does it have the clean blend, but it also has a rotary switch to give you four different takes on a TS. (Although one of them was totally unusable for me! :rotflmao )

fossilfuel

dismember
1652709531350.png

Top Bottom