• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Clinch EP-PRE

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
For all of you that have had this pedal for a while, I'm wondering now that the honeymoon phase is over whether you are as sold on the EP-PRE as you were originally? Do you have any additional thoughts or opinions about it to share? I recently sent an email to Clinch Fx to see what the waiting period is currently but haven't heard anything back yet. Are any of you on a waiting list with some sense of how long it will be? Thanks

Grady

Windjammer
Wcmiller,
Yeah, I just got on the waiting list this last past week. Peter will get back to you. It took a couple of days for him to reply. But once he replied the emails went smooth. Peter is good people. But you will know that once you have talked to him.
He told me that the next batch would ship in February.

Hope that helps............Grady

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
Thanks alot! That does help a great deal!

R.J.H.

For all of you that have had this pedal for a while, I'm wondering now that the honeymoon phase is over whether you are as sold on the EP-PRE as you were originally? Do you have any additional thoughts or opinions about it to share? I recently sent an email to Clinch Fx to see what the waiting period is currently but haven't heard anything back yet. Are any of you on a waiting list with some sense of how long it will be? Thanks
I got mine early on and still love the thing. Regardless of what delay I use, the ep-pre stays. Recently I've been putting it on top of the amp and running a short cable from the output of the pedal to the amp and love the tone. I just crank it to about 2-3 o'clock and leave it on the whole time. Let me know if you have any questions about it and I'll do my best to answer. Peter was great to deal with and I'm sure he will answer any of your questions as well.

sparrow

I have had mine for about 8 or 9 months. Honeymoon has never stopped. It's on all the time. I agree, Peter is excellent to deal with and for me, the pedal is outstanding.

Jason Carter

Gold Supporting Member
Like the EP-Pre owners above, I love this pedal. It stays on all the time...I just love to stack it with my OCD and LTD.

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
Wcmiller,
Yeah, I just got on the waiting list this last past week. Peter will get back to you. It took a couple of days for him to reply. But once he replied the emails went smooth. Peter is good people. But you will know that once you have talked to him.
He told me that the next batch would ship in February.

Hope that helps............Grady
I'm just wondering if anyone else has attempted to order or contact ClinchFX recently. I've sent a couple of emails so far and haven't heard anything back yet. I know it's a very small operations and so this isn't a diss or anything but I would like to be able to place an order. Has anyone been able to do this recently? Peace

PS Any additional info or opinions on the EP-PRE to share?

nibus

It's an amazing tone shaper. Really makes your sound fat and 3-d. also gives some string definition. i love it!

TheGrooveking

I love mine. It's one of those pedals that while you are playing it you love your tone and don't give the EP-PRE a second thought, but once you turn it off, you are wondering where the hell did my tone go? Peter has always been first class guy to deal with, a big +1 from me. I run my EP-PRE's in my rigs after all my pedals except the delays, which is where the orignal Maestro Echoplex had it's preamp too.

TheGrooveking

DC1

I'm just wondering if anyone else has attempted to order or contact ClinchFX recently. I've sent a couple of emails so far and haven't heard anything back yet. I know it's a very small operations and so this isn't a diss or anything but I would like to be able to place an order. Has anyone been able to do this recently? Peace

PS Any additional info or opinions on the EP-PRE to share?
He's on vacation. He'll get back to you when he returns.

dc

Datsyuk

Peace, Love and Coltrane
Silver Supporting Member
Cool, thanks a lot. Did you have to pay for your ep-pre to get on the list?

zerorez

I got on Peter's list about a month ago for the EP-PRE, this pedal has been getting great reviews here by many.

I have been getting close to Eric Johnson's viloin tone with the help of the custom shop Jetter Gain Stage Blue Lite pedal, its is about 90 percent there for me with the GSB lite.

Fellow member HigherLandron's with his outstanding video's has said the real EP3 preamp section and GSB is a great combo and the EP-PRE with a good stompbox delay will get you in the ballpark for the violin tone.

I am really looking forward to the new EP-PRE from ClinchFX.

Chuck Snider

Silver Supporting Member
:BEER I've had mine for a couple weeks. I find it works best after fuzzers and boosts and before my delay(s) .. I miss it when I turn it off so I just leave it on all the time now.. Nice piece for seasoning your sound in the way it does.. Nice guy to deal with as well..

Trending Topics