1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Clip from a gig this weekend

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by planetal, Mar 21, 2006.

1. planetal

planetal Member

Hi all,

I haven't posted a clip of my band or my playing on here, but as I recorded my band at a gig this past weekend, I thought why not.

This is a cover of the song Addicted to Love (Robert Palmer is the person normally associated with the song).

The recording was done at a gig this past weekend using a a Korg D3200 for tracking and then mixed on CubaseSL. I played guitar, ran the FOH pa and did all the recording process, so professional it isn't (and stressed I was).

Al

www.bandx.net/BandXMusic/BandX-Addicted2Love.MP3

2. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Cool biz!!! Everything is super clear and tight. There's nothing like checking out a band and seeing things happen and not HEARING whatever. So... sounds cool! And kudos for being the everything-man. That's what it takes sometimes, doesn't it? Anything that comes between a musician and his instrument should be mitigated, but sometimes that's just a luxury!

Power to live bands!!!

3. planetal

planetal Member

There are times it is overwhelming actually...

I replaced the prior version of the tune with a new version that is a bit tighter on the bass and is the standard 128kb mp3 (it was a 160kb mp3)

Thanks

4. gennation

gennation Member

Sounds good. I bet you had the dance floor packed on that. That's a deadringer for a dancefloor. I have some recordings of my old bands doing that tune somewhere :)

5. planetal

planetal Member

Actually it always packs the dance floor, which is why we do it. Lots of dancing bodies=keeping gigs. I just liked the guitar solo, that's why I posted it. If anyone cares, I had a Keely(sp?) modified SD-1 on for the rhythm part to keep gain up while I had volume down on the guitar.. For the solo I shut off the Keely and turned up the guitar.. It's just a Les Paul into an old cranked Rivera K55(with KT66's) and some delay for the solo.

Al