Clip from a gig this weekend

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by planetal, Mar 21, 2006.

1. planetal

planetal Member

Hi all,

I haven't posted a clip of my band or my playing on here, but as I recorded my band at a gig this past weekend, I thought why not.

This is a cover of the song Addicted to Love (Robert Palmer is the person normally associated with the song).

The recording was done at a gig this past weekend using a a Korg D3200 for tracking and then mixed on CubaseSL. I played guitar, ran the FOH pa and did all the recording process, so professional it isn't (and stressed I was).

Al

www.bandx.net/BandXMusic/BandX-Addicted2Love.MP3

2. Priestunes

Priestunes Member

Cool biz!!! Everything is super clear and tight. There's nothing like checking out a band and seeing things happen and not HEARING whatever. So... sounds cool! And kudos for being the everything-man. That's what it takes sometimes, doesn't it? Anything that comes between a musician and his instrument should be mitigated, but sometimes that's just a luxury!

Power to live bands!!!

3. planetal

planetal Member

There are times it is overwhelming actually...

I replaced the prior version of the tune with a new version that is a bit tighter on the bass and is the standard 128kb mp3 (it was a 160kb mp3)

Thanks

4. gennation

gennation Member

Sounds good. I bet you had the dance floor packed on that. That's a deadringer for a dancefloor. I have some recordings of my old bands doing that tune somewhere :)

5. planetal

planetal Member

Actually it always packs the dance floor, which is why we do it. Lots of dancing bodies=keeping gigs. I just liked the guitar solo, that's why I posted it. If anyone cares, I had a Keely(sp?) modified SD-1 on for the rhythm part to keep gain up while I had volume down on the guitar.. For the solo I shut off the Keely and turned up the guitar.. It's just a Les Paul into an old cranked Rivera K55(with KT66's) and some delay for the solo.

Al