Clip: Mojo Drive thru Super Reverb

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by FuzzOff, Jan 9, 2008.

1. FuzzOff

FuzzOff Member

Clams a plenty, but I saw some request for clips on this unit. It's Mojo Drive through a '65 BFSR recently restored. First clip drive is at 12 o'clock, second (heavy) part of clip I just raised the drive to about 3 o'clock. I love this pedal and after going through quite a few recently, this one is a real keeper. Extremely versatile pedal with everything from tube screamer to smooth distortion a la Landgraff.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=725800&songID=6154226

2. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Member

Thanks! That sure helps me out, I have a 66 BFSR

3. Twin63

Twin63 Member

My only problem with the Mojo Drive is deciding which toggle setting to use. All 3 settings sound great. I am probably going to add another Mojo Drive to my board - awesome pedal.

4. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Fuzzoff....just curious which toggle position this tone is and about where did you have the tone knob set? I have a small swirl box MJD and I love it.

5. gitpicker

gitpicker Member

I love mine into my "65 Super Reverb! I haven't found much of a use for the middle toggle position, but the Down (TS) position sounds really good, and the UP (Marshall) position rocks! It sounds even bigger when I goose it with my Lovepedal FAB 50. I had the big box version, and then replaced it with a "Stealth" model - which has a smaller footprint, a smaller toggle switch (I worried about stomping the larger toggle on the big box version). I think I read that the newer "Stealth" version had been somehow altered to tighten up the lows a bit. I A/B'd the two and found the difference slight, but noticeable.

6. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

I love this pedal and use either the middle or up position depending on the guitar. I don't like the TS9 setting, just not a fan of the really compressed tubescreamer sound. I don't mind compressed hi gain tones, as long they are more eq neutral. This pedal is amazing for what it costs; one of the few pedals out there that actually is a great value for the price charged.

7. FuzzOff

FuzzOff Member

I had the switch up. I also use the middle sometimes, but rarely the down position. Tone knob was at about 10 o'clock with the amp eq fairly flat.

8. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

I'm not a huge fan of tubescreamers, but I do dig the slight compression and singing quality of that bottom toggle position (I've been using the Mojo Drive for quite a while and love it). Nothing else has made my leads scream stacked on top of a crunchy overdrive sound.... everything else I've tried either doesn't add sustain or squishes the heck out of the tone robbing all dynamics.

You simply can't beat the tone or versatility of the MD, especially for the price.

9. amphead777

amphead777 Member

The middle position with a strat, is a thing of beauty. I'm thinking of getting one with the small box, with the artwork

10. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

That's what I do, I use the up position for my tele.