Clip of my Bassman to Dumble conversion

Normster

I finished up the Bassman/Dumble I built for Loren and dropped it off today. He was a mighty happy camper. :)

Here's a clip of Loren playing through the OD channel:
Dumble Clone Clip

Now I've gotta get off my butt and build one for myself. lol

adlibmusic

Have mercy guys. I know my playing sucks, but the sample is just for the tone. We haven't tweaked this thing yet.

RG470 w/stock pups
2x12 Eminence V12's
Normster amp

:cool:

HarryJ

Hey man,

Nice sounds bud. I have a '67 that had the Allen AB165 to AA864 hybrid conversion. Also sounds great... just need to find a place where I can crank the monster.

Also, "sucks" I think not... nice playin', tasty... nice flowing 16th note phrases.

Harry Jacobson
www.harryj.net

adlibmusic

Thanks Harry. I haven't been playing much and feel like I'm lost most of the time.
This was an AB165. Hmm, maybe we should post photos.

gsozz

Great playing Norm;) :p
I checked your site and enjoyed the other tracks as well.
Any chance you could post the backing track???
;)

gsozz

Normster

Originally posted by gsozz
Great playing Norm;) :p
I checked your site and enjoyed the other tracks as well.
Any chance you could post the backing track???
;)

gsozz
Actually, that was my buddy Loren. I'm sure he'll post the backing if he drops into this thread. ;)

L5player

Originally posted by Normster
I finished up the Bassman/Dumble I built for Loren and dropped it off today. He was a mighty happy camper. :)

Here's a clip of Loren playing through the OD channel:
Dumble Clone Clip

Now I've gotta get off my butt and build one for myself. lol
Hi Norm,

What is this about a bassman mod that you did? I did not know you were into mods! Tell me more about what you did to the bassman. Was it a kit or some schematic you were operating with? The tone was awesome!

Jim

Normster

Originally posted by L5player
Hi Norm,

What is this about a bassman mod that you did? I did not know you were into mods! Tell me more about what you did to the bassman. Was it a kit or some schematic you were operating with? The tone was awesome!

Jim
Hi Jim,
It was a pretty extensive mod. I replaced the mainboard and control pots with a Dumble circuit and added reverb to the amp. Here's a little essay on the conversion:
Bassman to Dumble

I built the board from scratch using schematics and following pictures on Glaswerks.com. It was a lot of work but I really like the way it came out.

Here's another clip that Loren did with the OD cranked a little more. Kinda like a Marshall, only much thicker.
Pacifica Riffster

Norm

L5player

Originally posted by Normster
Hi Jim,
It was a pretty extensive mod. I replaced the mainboard and control pots with a Dumble circuit and added reverb to the amp. Here's a little essay on the conversion:
Bassman to Dumble

I built the board from scratch using schematics and following pictures on Glaswerks.com. It was a lot of work but I really like the way it came out.

Here's another clip that Loren did with the OD cranked a little more. Kinda like a Marshall, only much thicker.
Pacifica Riffster

Norm
Man, that is quite a project! Looks real clean from the pictures. I take it you've done this before. So when are you going to do yours? :)

Jim

D

DorianGreg

I had a chance to play Loren's amp last night (by the way...I'm fig. name change).

It is really quiet. You can get tons of OD at a volume you can talk over.
It sounds great through my Wizard and C-Rex cab. But I didn't like it with the Tonkers. And that may be the Tonkers, I don't know.

Anyway, very nice amp. Great work, Norm! :D

Trending Topics