Clip of the Addrock...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by The Gainster, Jan 19, 2008.

1. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

2. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

3. Twin63

Twin63 Member

Thanks for posting that. How does the NSOY do as a low / low-med gain OD? Also, have you tried it with a strat?

BTW, that clip sounded great...........

4. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

Sounds great. Nice warmth, bite and articulation. Nice solo too!

5. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

I think it's a great low drive... the amp was at a low grind stage and the NSOY was set about 9:00ish...

It has a good amount of boost on tap... I really like it.

I have a Strat and it sounds great...I have EMG's in her...I play live and they work wonders...

:)

6. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

Hey Mitch..sounds good man. HL makes some really nice sounding stuff I have and use his Electric Smile, also really good build quality and a great guy to boot.

7. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

Hey Bob... hope all is well.

H.L. is a great guy to deal with. His build is amazing. I have had his Electric Smile for years now and use it every gig. I wasn't sure I would like the NSOY but the proof is in the pudding. It has more gain than I really need in a pedal.... and that is a good thing. It has a trim pot for each channel inside to adjust the highend.

:BEER

8. sstweed

sstweed Supporting Member

I don't have an NSOY, but I'll jump on board with the Addrock lovefest. I have the Geranium Fuzz and it is an awesome fuzz.

9. Dennis Rayburn

Dennis Rayburn Supporting Member

I have an NSOY. I thought it was a very good pedal. Then I tried it at 18V and it is killer! I'm torn between using it or my Stage Hog on my pedalboard. The NSOY sounds almost as good and takes up so much less real estate.

10. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

I use it @ 18v too....just great! Sustain city and enough gain for heavy rock stuff. I also like to use the lighter gain channel to boost solos on my already overdriven Aiken Sabre and it works tremendously.

HL builds stage tanks.

11. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

Where do you get an 18v thingy?

12. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

Just talked with H.L. earlier today and I guess he's getting into wiring up pedalboards also now. So we don't have to send stuff all the way to the west coast to get professional level quality, if you're an east coaster like me.
    Here's a link to some pics of a guys board he did over on HugeRacks, they don't get any neater than that!

Huge Racks thread

13. sstweed

Anyone notice that custom Addrock Geranium Fuzz with four knobs? Most have three knobs and a bright cut switch where the knob second from the left is at. Can anyone read what those knobs are?

14. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

dig it bro! Nice tone with great chops !

15. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Both my Geranium and my Hism Scism are the 4 knob jobs. The 4th knob is where the old cut switch was. It's a push pull knob, so the high cut function is still there in the push/pull (pull out for high cut). This is also an external bias knob (like the sundial on the Sunface). Very useful for even more fuzz tweakage.

16. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

Wow...nice work.

17. Twin63

Twin63 Member

I just did a trade for a NSOY. Should be here in the next couple of days. You guys have me really excited about trying it. I'll be using it with a G&L Legacy and a Gries 5 (6V6 blackface style amp).

Does the NSOY do well stacked with other pedals? I have a Lovekraft Mojo Drive, Keeley Rat and am on the list for Lovepedal's new 200lbs of Tone. This isn't a priority for me since I'm looking to use it for low / low-med gain, but I'm just interested in how most of you are using it (primary gain, boost, stacking, etc.).

18. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

My Gator Pedaltote has 3 18v slots on the power thingy.

19. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

It's a very friendly pedal for all those uses. Normally, versatility means you're lacking in some area but the Addrocks are exceptions. Like I said, I use the NSOY for and great amplike OD and use it as a boost for solos on an already overdriven amp.

I also use the NSOY in tandem with the boost function of my Box o Rock for glassy, shimmery chording (through my Sabre's clean channel) while being able to go to full roar with my guitar's volume knob...in short; amazingly amplike.

It's my fave OD box.

20. sstweed

Well there you go. I am behind the times since I have #24! Thanks for clarifying that for me!