• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Clip on tuners

guitargod2u

Whats the one to have??
not sure on the "one" but i use a intellitouch pt-10 clip on tuner as my main tuner.. haven't had any problems with it and i'm not worried about being in 100% tuning since if i bend or something i'm sure it will just go out of tune a little anyway.

Dale

I have 4 Snarks. They work pretty well. A little brighter would be nice.

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
Love my Snark. I went into the music store to buy one and was looking at the more pricey ones (can't remember which). When I asked the salesman (who I know... I'm a regular) to recommend one, he handed me the Snark. I was surprised to see it actually cost less than the others too. I use it live with my acoustic and around the house on everything. Quick and easy to read.

Peace,

musicman1

I have the Korg...frankly I think it sucks especially next to a pedal tuner of almost any kind. No matter how I mount it, it always favors a sharp reading and even when the string is allegedly in tune, the gtr seems to be sharp. Also, it just cant lock onto the low E string very well. Cant tune on the fly as you always have to activate it when you want to tune. Its ok at best for a reheasal situation but Id never use one on a gig. For less than the same price of a headstock tuner buy a decent plug in chromatic tuner especially if your gtr stays in tune well. You could even intonate with a decent regular tuner as well.

Taylor 339

I have the Korg...frankly I think it sucks especially next to a pedal tuner of almost any kind. No matter how I mount it, it always favors a sharp reading and even when the string is allegedly in tune, the gtr seems to be sharp. Also, it just cant lock onto the low E string very well. Cant tune on the fly as you always have to activate it when you want to tune. Its ok at best for a reheasal situation but Id never use one on a gig. For less than the same price of a headstock tuner buy a decent plug in chromatic tuner especially if your gtr stays in tune well. You could even intonate with a decent regular tuner as well.
:agree I just picked one of these up and am experiencing the same thing as you are.

TNO

The Snark is really good. Very bright display. The Planet Waves mini is compact enough to leave on the guitar all the time.

Craftmatic

I got the Snark for $8 with the MF match and 10% price-beat policy and I have to play each string on the 12th fret harmonic to get an accurate reading (well, as accurate as it gets compared to my ST-200 Turbo Tuner). If I just pick an open string it always goes into the yellow which I find annoying.

lord preset

I've tried three - the Crafter which works great - the Sabine, finicky tracking - and the Fishman which is a complete POS (won't track at all much of the time, inaccurate, spotty battery connection, etc)

There doen't seem to be much relationship between price and performance for these products.

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
This thread enforces my fears...I am putting together a small grab and go gig board and was thinking I might leave a tuner off of it and just use a slip on but it looks like I was wrong!

What kind of accuracy do these things have?

Do they work if you use a capo?

Dale

This thread enforces my fears...I am putting together a small grab and go gig board and was thinking I might leave a tuner off of it and just use a slip on but it looks like I was wrong!

What kind of accuracy do these things have?

Do they work if you use a capo?

My experience is that they are as good or better than most pedal tuners. They are not a Peterson or Turbo but they are easily better than say the popular Boss or my Planet Waves pedal. I do not see a need for the pedal tuner live anymore.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom