1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

CLIPS - Budda SuperDrive 45

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by SgtThump, Oct 14, 2006.

1. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Rhythm Channel Clip > http://www.chrissnider.net/temp/budda45_rhythm1.mp3

Settings for rhythm channel clip:
    Master = 8:30
    Bass = 12:00
    Mid = 12:00
    Treble = 12:00
    Rhythm volume = 3:00

Lead Channel Clip > http://www.chrissnider.net/temp/budda45_lead1.mp3

Settings for lead channel clip:
    Master = 8:30
    Bass = 12:00
    Mid = 11:00
    Treble = 12:00
    Drive = 10:00

I used a Fender Stratocaster with a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the bridge (humbucker) and a Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues (single coil) in the neck, a Shure SM57 and a mic'ed Celestion G12H30 speaker. Stereo reverb was added with software after recording.

Chris

2. hasserl

hasserl Member

Sounds freakin great! Awesome tone. Cool playing too!

3. grism

grism Member

Mmmm... chocolate milkshake thick tones. Very tasty indeed.

Good tones!

4. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Thanks guys. Sounds bright as hell in the room. Don't know if it's my room, my ears, where I'm at in relation to the speaker cab, etc... Real super bright in the room, but thick recorded. Strange.

I've recorded alot of amps and have had this problem in the past, but not this extreme. I'm tellin' ya, this amp is BRIGHT in person.

5. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

Interesting, I like the sounds even from a strat.

6. Free

Free Member

That amp sounds like Eddie Van Halen's tone - that's a lot of gain on tap. I didn't know that amp was so high gain. Thanks for posting clips.

7. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Man thats fat sounding, actually sounds dark but in a good way in the recording good luck with it.

8. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

9. Hendrix95

Hendrix95 Member

Wow, that sounds really good. There's a video on the Budda website of Joe Bonamassa demoing one of these.

10. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Don't remind me! :) He's a monster player for sure!

11. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

Hey Chris, where'd your 'clip ' page go? I was just checking your website and couldn't find all the old clips.. Personally I liked the dsl clips a lot more, but was just going to check them out and can't find them.. Don't take that negatively or personally .. We all have our own tastes!

Eric

12. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Oh, I took that page down 2 years ago or so. That page started using alot of bandwidth and I kinda lost the desire to pay more money to keep it going and to answer the emails I got everyday about the clips. It was cool, though, but I'm just too busy nowadays to mess with it. I rarely make clips at all anymore.

I'm trying to figure out if I like the tones from my old VHT Deliverance 120 and/or Mesa Stiletto more for this type of stuff.

13. ericb

Hey thanks. Yep I fully understand the 'too busy' part!! Out of curiosity have you played or owned a CAE/Suhr OD100 yet or a Bogner Uberschall ? Have a good one..

Eric

14. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

I owned a Bogner Uberschall for all of 2 weeks. I used it at one gig and just didn't dig it. There was this "whoomp, whoomp" low end thing going on that I hated with a passion. It was the version 1 model.

Played an OD100 at the store, but I'm not 100% which model. I think it was the standard model. I thought it was pretty good. I'd like to play one again sometime. They're all the rage around here.

15. ericb

Hey thanks, I've really liked all the Uberschall clips I've heard, but they're some great guitarists doing the clips.. Listen to John Ziegler's on the clips section on this forum... cool as hell ,and so are Bob S's on the Bogner page as well as some of the others. BUT, I've been wondering how the amp sounds with a strat (I use H-S-S strats 95% of the time) instead of a Les Paul type or 7stringer! All the clips sound wicked THICK , and I'm more used to Engl /Marshall/Tremoverb,etc tone which is nowhere near that thick .
    AS for the CAE , I've seen Scott Henderson a few times in concert over the past 10 years and he's always used that amp.. Before they became Suhr-Cae's... i.e. they were CAA oD100 with Bradshaw and Suhr.. Anyway ,he always just used the clean channel and pedals so I never got to hear channel 2.... There's a page with Alan Estrada playing one that sounds incredible but then I found some other amps he was demoing and he sounded incredible on anything , so who cares! I was just curious if you liked either of those. You should look into the Engl INvader when it comes out shortly! I'm living vicariously this way now, as I have no room for any more amps and I hate selling amps as I get too sentimentally attached to mine. Strange but true

Eric

16. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

LOL! I have my VHT 50CL that I'm very happy with at the moment. That covers all of my hard rock needs for sure. Heck, it does just about anything (except it doesn't have a clean channel, but I don't use clean anyway). I got this Budda to be a second amp to cover classic rock/blues stuff. It seems to do that pretty well.

Chris

17. Dave_C

Dave_C Member

Chris,

What happened to the Einstein?!

Whatever....those clips are awesome! I have LOVED every Budda clip I've ever heard!!! That's NOT too bright! Sounds killer to me...as good as it gets in the Marshall camp.

Dave

18. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

chris dude, are you sure its not your hearing ?

Im not posting the opening statement as a joke or anything , those recorded clips sound fine to me , if there was this badass bright thing going on , im sure some of it would be represented in a well recorded with a good quality mic clip.

those gtr clips sound ok by me.

You ever get a go with the new Cornford MK50 II yet, clean, drive, drive +boost and 2 master volumes, a PTP monster, maybe you should try one, im sure you wont be disappointed dude.

jimmy

19. Randy

Randy Member

I've gotta go against the crowd here... Chris, you're a great player but to me those clips have a woofy low end and a grainy high end. It just doesn't like the amp is opening up at all - the upper mids are just kind of 'there', but in a disproportionate amount (not enough) and with no bloom to them. Kind of like a wah cocked back, but not quite as notched... It sounds really good doing the single coil lead stuff but not so much on the chords (to me anyway).

It's by no means a terrible sounding amp but I was thinking about trying one of these and now.. I'm not.

20. ericb

Way cool.. I haven't seen Scott in concert in about 2-3 years now. He only RARELY comes to New England, upper NY. The last time I saw him there were only about 30-40 of us in the audience in Burlington, Vermont, and it was a pitiful # of crowd for one of the best guitarists of all-time and one of my ultimate favorites, and someone who seems like a really really nice guy. The 2 times prior I saw him in Schenectady, NY to crowds of about 50-75. SO , that's not much motivation for him to tour here too often huh!!! BIG BUMMER.... AS for Landau, he never tours here at all! Keep in mind, I'm someone who's used pedals since I was 14 in 1974, and I always will use pedals. I presume Scott will continue to use pedals at every show too ... SO , what I'm getting at is I meant nothing bad by saying he only used Ch. 1 each time I saw him. I have many multi-channel amps where I only use 1 channel on them. I still have NEVER found a multi-channel amp where I can gig without preamps/boosts, or od's /distortions to add different levels, or shades, etc. I think he's similar.. . THough a damn lot better guitarist than me!

ERIC