Clone Kits

RichieG

Hello all. My first post here.

I ma building my first clone. I am building a Ceriatone vibro champ kit. I have got the bug. Really enjoying it.

Are there any other clone amp kit suppliers anyone can recommend? I am happy with Ceriatone but would be interested in seeing what else is out there. I am in Australia.

Thanks

Richard

Gtowngearhead

Is that the champ ultra kit? I've been looking into building one of those for a long, long time! But I haven't really found any good clips of the thing... You should post some when you're finished =D

KGWagner

I ma building my first clone. I am building a Ceriatone vibro champ kit. I have got the bug. Really enjoying it.

Are there any other clone amp kit suppliers anyone can recommend? I am happy with Ceriatone but would be interested in seeing what else is out there. I am in Australia.
There are a number of other kit suppliers out there, but not having direct experience with them I'm not sure about "recommending" them. I will say Cieratone gets consistently good reviews on the formal review sites as well as on all the music forums, for kit quality, price, and support. They seem to be The Place To Go for amp kits.

But, just so you can judge for yourself, check out

I'm sure there are plenty more - Google is your friend. Search "Guitar Amplifier Kits" and you'll get plenty of hits.

traviswalk

In the Great State
Platinum Supporting Member
If you want to try a Marshall, I HIGHLY recommend the Metro kits, they really do a great job and you will surely enjoy the final product!

Ceriatone does a nice job, and Nik is good to work with. Shipping, which can be a cost issue for those of us in the States, should be much less. Good luck and be careful.

VanR

Yeah cost of shipping has pretty much killed the idea of buying a Ceriatone kit for me.

Gtowngearhead

The shipping from Nik wouldn't be bad if he would give you the hayboer/MM/some other manufacturer part number for the transformers. At that point you'll be hard pressed to find a full kit(board, chassis, pots, etc) for oker 10kg, which I don't think the shipping is too bad on that...

Given that most of his amps are clones and follow the original layout for the most part I would think it would be fairly easy to get the correct transformer values. I built a T Wreck Xpress from him and got my trannys from Tone Slut. Came out great, a real screamer.

Gtowngearhead

Yeah, I've been wanting to order one, but I want to get the tubes top loaded so I can make it a head. And if possible I was hoping to beef up the trannies cuz I know a 6V6 can push 15W. But I don't really know how much extra work Nik would have to do or how much he would charge to get the thing ready for bigger trannies.

RichieG

Is that the champ ultra kit? I've been looking into building one of those for a long, long time! But I haven't really found any good clips of the thing... You should post some when you're finished =D
Yeah It's the Champ Ultra. Ok, I'll pop up some sounds on youtube when I have finished it.

It's good fun, I have learnt a hell of a lot. I am slow as **** but that's ok, I sit in my shed, crank the PA up and try and get in the soldering zone :)

I think I will try a matchless Lightning next.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

Last edited:

Thepilot

i was thrilled with my trinity amps 18 watt SIII plexi build. about to start a TC-15 from them as soon as i order it.

trinityamps.com

they have a great forum too- lots of good support available from their site.

RichieG

Yeah, I've been wanting to order one, but I want to get the tubes top loaded so I can make it a head. And if possible I was hoping to beef up the trannies cuz I know a 6V6 can push 15W. But I don't really know how much extra work Nik would have to do or how much he would charge to get the thing ready for bigger trannies.
Hey mate

Are you referring to the Champ? The kit comes in a head format, the tubes are top loaded.

Gtowngearhead

Yeah I meant the champ kit.. But for some reason my brain told me they weren't top loaded haha. It's been forever since I've looked at that sight... And thanks for the champ ultra demo!

Trending Topics