• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Close cousin of a Spaceman Sputnik?

axdxm

Silver Supporting Member
I own the Spaceman Sputnik and it is my favorite fuzz ever. I sold off all of my other fuzzes after getting one. It does it all. The thing is that it is pretty pricey and OOP, so I'd like to get a Sputnik-esque pedal to use at sketchy bars and places I don't want to chance bringing my "precious".

Is there another pedal that comes close? To me, the Sputnik seem to (by my ears) be based on the Fuzz Face and the Tonebender, but with the ability to shift the EQ range.

PerFusionist

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe look into the Algal Bloom v2. Based in the FF camp but with the ability to get spitty and with some tone-shaping. Great pedal.

Sociophile

"Ignore" Button Aficionado
The Algal Bloom is good, but I think his AB-Synth is even closer.

Something Fuzzhugger, basically.