Closed back headphones

John Mark Painter

Silver Supporting Member
I just got a good deal on a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm

The cups are big and don’t crush my ears. The low end is nice. Let’s you know what is going on sonically.

80 ohm can be used with iOs devices

Really happy with these when I need isolation

Rai

Can you recommend this for the HX Stomp? I see several posts and not sure which one to get (ohms, open/semi/closed). So lower ohms means it's more for iphones, laptops, etc. while higher ohms like 250 ohms for devices that are amplified?

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
So I just got an HX Stomp (like an hour ago), got home and plugged in my Beyer DT-880's which are 250 ohms and there's plenty of output between 9:00 and 12:00. Lots of opportunity for higher output if needed.

I have tried Audio Technica closed back headphones twice, bother the M50X and recently the M40X. Not a fan of those. I generally don't like closed back headphones. But if I did get a set, I would go with DT-770's because I like Beyers and they don't feel as "claustrophobic" as others.

John Mark Painter

Silver Supporting Member
Can you recommend this for the HX Stomp? I see several posts and not sure which one to get (ohms, open/semi/closed). So lower ohms means it's more for iphones, laptops, etc. while higher ohms like 250 ohms for devices that are amplified?
My other Beyerdynamics are the semi-open DT880 600 Ohm.
Those I wouldn't recommend unless you get them for a specific reason (that Impedance).
I bought them mainly for editing audio. I can spend hours with them on and hear very minor glitches easily without having to keep my head in one position in front of my monitors.

80 Ohm are definitely OK.
Though plugged into an iPhone, you can turn the phone up all the way and play Apple iTunes without them exploding. To me, that makes them a good pairing.

Sleezy E

I've been using the beyerdynamics custom studio closed backs for a couple years now and I love em

rkbrock

What didn't you like about the 50x cans? I'm looking for the most noise isolating headphones and these are rated as one of most nouse isloating. I have a set of 30x that are ok but I prefer my AKG 240s way more but they dont block anything.

eoengineer

Silver Supporting Member
I just got a good deal on a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm

The cups are big and don’t crush my ears. The low end is nice. Let’s you know what is going on sonically.

80 ohm can be used with iOs devices

Really happy with these when I need isolation
I love the DT770. They might have been the first headphone I tried where I realized playing modeling through headphones could be fun and feel ok. I move back and forth between those and the HD600.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
What didn't you like about the 50x cans? I'm looking for the most noise isolating headphones and these are rated as one of most nouse isloating. I have a set of 30x that are ok but I prefer my AKG 240s way more but they dont block anything.
They sound weird and unpredictable. If you're looking for max isolation check out the Vic Firth headphones.

John Mark Painter

Silver Supporting Member
What noise are you trying to isolate?
I have a pair of these for Drums
Direct Sound EX29 Extreme Isolation Professional Headphones - White
They don't sound great, but you don't get click bleed.

rkbrock

I have tinnitus and am trying to prevent it from getting worse. I want to be able to block out the kids/tv/background noises and stuff so I can listen to whatever i plug into at lower volumes. This includes the studio, guitar, vdrums, and keyboard. Right now I have to turn up it more than i would like.

I find if I can keep noise levels low enough the tinnitis fades some over time but as soon as I start turning things up, it picks right back up to where it was.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
You're on the right track. Do you have a Guitar Center around? They should have the 770 and M50x on display along with a few others.

Trending Topics