1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Closet amp + Recapping....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Wiz-ski, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Wiz-ski

Wiz-ski Member

Will a 1970 Fender Deluxe Reverb that sat in a closet for 30 years unplayed need a cap job?

2. midnightlaundry

midnightlaundry Member

Did you power it up already?

3. Wiz-ski

Wiz-ski Member

I haven't. I'm trying to decide between two amps. Both are long distance sales - one has been recapped recently, one has been sitting in a closet unplayed for 30 years and looks like it was made yesterday.

4. RupertB

RupertB Supporting Member

Assuming the seller has fired it up & is selling it as properly functioning, I'd still be inclined to replace them once it was delivered. Cheap insurance IMO.

5. vibrostrat43

vibrostrat43 Supporting Member

If it hasn't been played the caps are actually more likely to be dried up, so I would really recommend a recap for all of the electrolytics in the amp.