1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Closet-mint 1965 Fender Deluxe (NR) value?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by thequiver, Feb 18, 2009.

1. thequiver

thequiver Member

Howdy Folks,
    Stumbled across a time capsule (June) 1965 Deluxe (non-reverb) and I'm wondering if $1700 sounds too cold, too hot or just right. Notwithstanding the economy etc. Ebay seems to say no, and even gbase has some 65s for the $1500 price range. But then the economy turns around and it could be $2k? Any and all thoughts would be most appreciated. As to where this store is... let's say East of the Mississippi. Peace, mike

2. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

If it's a time capsule then it will need a complete service. If I were buying it, I wouldn't go more than $1500 out the door.

3. doctord02

doctord02 Member

I dont really think the non-reverbs are bringing that kinda coin. I bought a Dave Allen modded '65 for no where near that kind of coin, more like half that much...

4. TravisE

TravisE Supporting Member

Non-'verbs are much less expensive. I would say that, even though it's mint, I wouldn't pay more than $1250 if it's going to need service. Then, you put $250 in it and you're doing alright.

5. takakat

takakat Member

I used to have 65 DR and 65 D and I actually liked the tone of non reverb version better. I hardly ever use reverb anyway and EH Holly Grail sound as good as Fender reverb. I sold mine that was very minty for $800 about 3 years ago.

6. slider313

I wouldn't sell mine for a penny less than $1500,....... if it were for sale.
    For me, there's nothing new that would compare in the price range.

[​IMG]

7. JDJ

JDJ Supporting Member

Jeez Mike, but that is nice! You seem to keep coming up with these great amps that I didn't know you had. I'm pretty jealous of the Deluxe. :)

8. slider313

Thanks Jeff and don't be jealous....just go out and get one. These are great grab and go amps with a more "spongy" feel than the DR. Plenty of volume for a blues jam or small-medium pub gig. Takes pedals extremly well and the tone is to die for. About the same price as my friends Carr Rambler yet will appreciate in value and, I happen to like the tone more... even without the reverb.

9. JDJ

JDJ Supporting Member

I need to come and play all of your amps. :D

10. mbratch

mbratch Member

On average on eBay, they run about $1,250. A minty one can easily push into the $1,500 range.

11. Brien

Brien Member

Those NR Deluxes are great amps.

12. thequiver

thequiver Member

As fate would have it, two just popped up on the bay: '65's, non-verb'd, and in awfully nice shape. Guess we'll find out soon enough how much they're really worth in today's market. Thanks to everyone for their replies! pax, mike

13. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member