Closing a reverb.com account?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by yuominae, May 27, 2015.

1. yuominae

yuominae Member

I'm sure this must be a link to a page somewhere where you can close your account, but I can't find it...

Had anybody closed their account on Reverb.com before? Can you tell me how to do it please?

2. Jay K

Jay K Member

I don't know how to do this but am curious why you want to.

In any event, you could find out how to do this by sending them an email or using their chat capability (usually found towards the lower right part of Reverb's home page (at least when I use my browser)). They usually respond quickly to emails, and instantaneously to questions posed through chat, assuming they are online to chat.

3. yuominae

yuominae Member

It's an attempt to get my GAS issues under control. Not sure if it'll work, but I need to try ;)

Their help mentions closing accounts, but never mentions how. Thanks for the tip, I'll try to contact them directly.

4. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub Silver Supporting Member

Change your password. For the new password, type random characters into a text editor. Copy them, then paste them twice into the password fields.

Or email them, I suppose.

5. yuominae

yuominae Member

Lol! That made me laugh! Excellent suggestion, but it's linked to my Facebook account, so that won't work.

I've emailed them right after the previous reply and they've already got back to me. Impressive speed!

Hopefully the next email will be saying that my account has been closed.

6. tazzboy

tazzboy Supporting Member

7. danoverb

danoverb Member

Sorry to hear you want to close your account, but if you want to email me at dano @ reverb.com, I can take care of it. Thanks, dan from Reverb

8. mark norwine

mark norwine Member

There's no FAQ on the website for how to close the account?

I HATE websites like that. We're "members", not "prisoners". Quitting should be a simple, easy, documented process....

9. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Call them, I've done it before. They'll basically suspend it so you cannot buy, make offers, sell etc.

10. Tom CT

Tom CT Old Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Alternately, you could just provide the link to do it online, right? Crickets...

11. danoverb

danoverb Member

Honestly, there's not an automated way to do it on the site right now. We're not trying to imprison anyone, it's just a request that comes up infrequently enough we haven't spent the time to build anything to do that. But like I said, just letting anyone know via our onsite chat or email will get it done.

12. stratotastic

stratotastic Supporting Member

Seems kind of odd to ask here when you can just go to Reverb.com and look for the contact link.:dunno

13. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

Disconnect paypal instead, stop it at the source.

yuominae likes this.
  14. yuominae

yuominae Member

I know. I was hoping there might be a link to a page somewhere where I might be able to close the account myself. You know, so I know it's actually done. And TGP usually gets answers within minutes. I'm in Japan, so when I'm awake Reverb's customer service was likely closed.

It turns out they didn't close my account. They restricted it... I'm not really happy about that, but it seems to be the best they will do. Not a great way to handle this IMHO.

15. yuominae

yuominae Member

Man, I would, if I didn't need it to pay for other stuff than guitars from time to time as well :D