Clutch - Fortunate Son

Laurence

Silver Supporting Member
They're in Wiesbaden, Germany tonight. They took the tempo of this song a bit fast.

KestnerGS

Silver Supporting Member
Love almost everything Clutch does, but this one doesn’t feel exactly right to me....

FPFL

Love Clutch, but this was a one and done for me. No one hits all the time.

John Thigpen

I didn't hear anything to recommend their version over the CCR original. Except for the ending, it sounded like a typical cover band version.

ant_riv

Silver Supporting Member
I enjoyed hearing both versions.
Thanks for sharing!

I have covered this song in several bands over the years and it has always been well received, regardless of how it is interpreted.

Thwap

Platinum Supporting Member
I really liked it for about 30 seconds.
Then I didn't.

Weird.

Two things to recommend this cover:

I appreciate when a band puts unofficial things out. They play, they record, they put out a video. It's a treat. I think more artists should just release performance content.

Second, Neil Fallon's delivery slays me. It doesn't always work for me as recorded, but to watch him do it is awesome.

Go Cat Go!!

Two things to recommend this cover:

I appreciate when a band puts unofficial things out. They play, they record, they put out a video. It's a treat. I think more artists should just release performance content.

Second, Neil Fallon's delivery slays me. It doesn't always work for me as recorded, but to watch him do it is awesome.
You nailed why I disliked this version. His delivery doesn't work for me on this specific song.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
I like it. Not sure it adds anything to the original, but it's a decent cover.

Coli

Silver Supporting Member
dedicated to their late manager, who passed away last month/ JAck Flanagan.
* Mick Shauer, former keys player, passed in Sept- been a tought ime for the guys, to say the least
**The LP Tim is playing in the vid belonged to Jack Flanagan as well...pretty damn cool

Last edited:

Mickey Shane

apolitical
Silver Supporting Member
I enjoyed it. Well covered except for the lead singer not going UP like Fogerty.

Blue Light

Next time you cover this, do it in French. Maybe the chicks'll dig it? Johnny Hallyday sure had fun with it. He first recorded it in the early '70s with some American studio guys. It's pretty good. Strong vocals. But this version slays me:

Fireproof

Silver Supporting Member
I like Clutch a lot, and I dug it. Would’ve been interesting to hear it a tad slower tempo. But it didn’t put me off.

Trending Topics