Clyde Standard or Budda Wah...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vintagecrunch, Apr 12, 2008.

1. vintagecrunch

vintagecrunch Senior Member

Which do you guys like better out of these two for Creamy OD tones and clean sounds?
    I want to buy locally so no RMC or anything else, besides I have heard guys get great tones out of both and I want to see what the general feeling is for these two regarding tone and reliability.
    Thanks to all

2. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

i'm bit of a wah connoisseur,obviously thats subjective but that budda wah was rubbish...buy the fulltone standard over the 2 u stated

3. ford

ford Supporting Member

I had an early Budda and really liked it.... I do have the Fulltone now though and I do prefer it.. tough as nails also!

rock

bford

4. Strat God

Strat God Member

I've used both on stage and I like the Clyde better. It sounds more "throaty" if that helps.

Alos, the Budda doesn't really stand out with distortion. The Clyde works with every type of music we play.

5. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

Asking for opinions on gear is like the "Blind Men and the Elephant". With that in mind:

I have both a Budwah and a Clyde Standard. I take the Budwah to my wah pedal gigs and leave the Clyde at home. The Budda is smoother, sweeter, more vocal with a more usable voice over its range of travel. It works well with my guitars, pedals and amps. It has a smaller physical sweep that is comfortable for me to use. I like it into both a clean and an overdriven rig. I don't really play too much high gain.

The Clyde is dirtier and raspier with a wider tonal swing from low to high as well as a larger physical sweep. If I didn't have the Budda, I'd use the Clyde and be satisfied. Maybe a little more vintage sounding if that makes any sense.

Both actually work fine.

hunter

6. Burst59

Burst59 Member

I agree with this 100%, I dumped my Clyde and bought a Budda and have not looked back.

7. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Budda wah is real vintage sounding and is comfortable and smooth to operate as stated. Vocal.. more wow than wah.