cmatmods deeelay vs MXR Carbon copy

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by macmax77, Oct 18, 2008.

1. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

who here has tried both, which one do you guys like better, why?

Thanks

2. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

For $50 more, I'de seriously look into Wampler's Analog Echo.

3. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules Former Lyricist for Calhoun Tubbs Silver Supporting Member

I was going to bump this for more thoughts on the first two, but Brian's new A/E has my interest too!

4. John Thigpen

John Thigpen Member

I'ver heard a lot of great things about both of these pedals here, and have toyed with getting one or the other. I can't believe that no one has compared the two.

John

5. benjammin

benjammin Member

I can't completely help because I never got my hand on an MXR CC. However, the reason for that was because I liked the Deeeelay so much I stopped looking for a pedal-sized delay. YMMV, but for me it was perfect and for a good price, but this was before the CC was released. I had no reason to check it out. Next stop, TTEville!

6. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

Love my deelay, best leave on and not notice delay out there, reminds me a lot of the replica, the repeats are there, but never overtake your sound. I'm thinking about a CC though, for a touch of modulated delay. The deelay doesn't have that grundgy repeat of an analog delay, the repeats are dark, but not distorted or fuzzy sounding, if that makes sense. I never liked how analog delays tended to add a lot of mids to your tone, and the deelay does not do this.
    Kurt

7. KOTR

KOTR Supporting Member

If you sign up for the newsletter the "members" price for the Analog Echo is $139. Which makes it an even better alternative.

8. Rive

Rive Member

I brought a Deeelay a week ago..., was looking for a nice transparent delay to put in front of my /13, so as I don't want to expend a lot of money in a delay, just for if it don't work well in front of my amp, I decided to try the CMATMODS Deeelay...
    All I can say is that it sounds superb..., so nice that I brought another one with a custom finish 4 days later..., I don't care about the MXR, which was another alternative since I try the Deeelay...

9. Gris

Gris Member

All second hand hearsay, but the CMATMODS seems to get nothing but rave reviews whereas I've heard a few complaints about the MXR and they seem to be for sale second hand everywhere (not a good sign).

10. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^

I jammed with my teacher yesterday and he had the deeelay which sounded really great. To me it is a close combination of analog and tape sound. I havent tried the CC either as I got the Nova Delay and am very happy with it. Once you have tap tempo I think it would be hard to go back.

11. charmboy

charmboy Member

There are more opinions (negative/positive) and resales for the CC mainly because they're mass produced and there are way more of them out there. It's an awesome pedal that I'm more than happy to use when I don't feel like bringing my TTE along, and can hold it's own with many of the higher priced boutique options.

12. Jackaroe

Jackaroe Member

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think the Deelay is not an analog unit.

13. innocent_bystander

innocent_bystander Supporting Member

14. m@2

m@2 Member

i've owned both, sold both, but prefered the Deelay. Both are decent delays for the $$$ but neither could compete with the memory lane for what i needed

15. strumminsix

strumminsix Member

The original signal stays analog into the blend.

So it's more of a 'hybrid' in my mind.

Love my delay! It's my secret weapon for that time when ya think "something is missing here" or "I need a bit of pizzazz".

16. Marzio

Marzio Member

I bought a CMATMODS Deeelay last week and received it yesterday. I didn't have the time to try it out extensively yet, but the little time I spent with it already made me go like ... 'wow'..... A fantastic warm delay!

17. ford

ford Supporting Member

Love my Deeelay!

If you don't need a complicated delay pedal with lots of buttons and such.. the cmatmods deeelay is a great way to go.

Of course i've heard lots of good things about the OceanEFX delay and the Wampler Delay also.. lots of good choices out there it seems.

18. disguiseglasses

disguiseglasses Member

Does the Deeelay self-oscillate
    at high repeat rates?
    This, for me is the deal breaker.
    I freakin' love that "the world is ending" noise!