Cmatmods Deelay vs Mad Professor Delay

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by otherone, Jan 21, 2008.

1. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

Anyone a/b the two. I have a Mad Professor and I love it...wanted to see if the Cmatmods is similar...and how is it different? thanks

2. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

3. gregory49

gregory49 Member

Well I'm very content with my BJF/MP ... Can't say about the other one. The only reason for me to look anywhere else would be something larger with more options. on the echoczar list. for a small footprint pedal i wouldn't go anywhere else

4. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I am curious about this comparison also. Anybody try both side by side?

5. Sammy

Sammy Member

Never heard the MP but ordered a Cmatmod Deeelay after doing my research, came last week. Superb best delay I have heard in a long time and really cool looking too!:dude Easy to use and none of this all bells & whistles loads of knobs crap that you can spend hours on and don't do much anyway. Just out of the box plug in and your away.

6. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

For the money, you cant beat it. Im trying one just for the hell of it.

7. ZeeBee

ZeeBee Member

I've owned the Cmatmod Deelay now for a few months ... I really dig it. No complaints. Sound warm and clear ... and very simple. Great find!

8. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

I would go for the Deelay - especially if you have a bright amp. The Deep Blue is one of the noisiest delays I have ever heard. It has an incredibly cool decay, but way too much noise.

9. earthmud

earthmud Supporting Member

I keep hearing about this noise issue and almost didn't buy the DBD, but I bought one anyway and have zero noise issues even with all knobs maxed. Best delay on the market IMO. I really wonder if all this noise talk comes from pedal placement, not pedal quality.

10. Clumsy Fingers

Clumsy Fingers Member

I played a DBD for a spell, and didn't hear any noise whatsoever. I love that pedal, but I have to say that the Freakshow Digilog, which I played side-by-side with the DBD, is every bit its match. Plus, that feedback/oscillation feature is very nice on the Digilog.

11. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Anybody try these two side by side?

12. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

The DBD noise is in the note. No note, no noise. Start playing and the HASHNOIZDISTORTION is as loud as the note, once the knobs pass 11:00.

13. Python

Python Member

Wow, that's weird. I've had a DBD for quite a while and it's dead quiet. Maybe yours was defective in some way?

Jim

14. guitarcrazy2004

guitarcrazy2004 Member

I bought my deep blue delay from the first shipment to the USA,and it is dead quite...........If u have a problem with Bjorns pedals email him and he will fix the problem.....:BEER

15. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

The problem is not when you are not playing - the repeats themselves are what's noisy. They just have a lot of hiss and white noise with them.

16. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I didnt notice any noise or hiss with the repeats on mine... now it didnt have that clear digital DD-3 sound either, but the overall character and vibe of the repeats was warm, musical and balanced. The repeats are eq'd to achieve this, and if you listen to them to closely and not to the overall music your making then you might get hung up on the lack of fidelity thats there. The people complaing about the dbd are wanting/focusing on the repeats being actuall notes... instead of an effect that is supposed to point and support the "music" your playing.

Or... some of these pedals are hit and miss, which I doubt. Theres one way to find out. Whoever you sold ( the dbd you didnt keep ) to... did they complain of the same? Or did you mention the noise when you sold it? ... yea, I didnt think so.

DBD: If you "just dont get it".... then you " just didnt like it". Thats why the pedal sounds noisy.

17. slopeshoulder

Well, I don't like to be patronized. If I want a noiz effect to enhance my music, I'll look for one. Anyway:
    YES, I did complain and YES everyone did respond and YES everyone concluded that this was the design. i sent it back I was sent money, not a new one.
    I LOVED IT and STILL MISS IT, it was my FAVORITE delay, when set below 11:00. But set above that there was white noise and distortion drowning out the repeats, IN the note. OK? Get It? Several people have noticed this. I suppose if someone is deaf or playing at 400bd with high gain they might be too busy yelling "rawk" or "kewl" to notice, but with knobs set over 11:00 and played clean or low OD, there was a lot of noise. Like saying "HASISH" on every note, as loud as the note itself. Dig? Dems Da Fax. YMMV.

18. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Ok... sounds like you ( and some others from what I hear ) got a bad one. ( might be the same one getting sold & making its rounds causing havoc )

Thanks for sharing.

Iz o k man, nobodys patronizing you.

HASISH = bad

MMV'd

19. slopeshoulder

Bluesharp, that's actually good news. I'd love it if mine was defective! maybe toyz didn't compare it to others. I'd love to hear a quiet one.

20. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

Yea... I want another one too. This ar20dlxl is awesome though and I will keep it regardless.

If you buy another, it might be best to buy from someone up here who claims that they have a quiet one. Best of luck man.