CMT Crossroads - Cheap Trick and Jennifer Nettles

Phnurt

Gold Supporting Member
Good show. Robin's pipes are still in good shape and Rick's playing is amazing as always.

rreiser

Silver Supporting Member
thanks for the tip. Robin is singing great and Jennifer sang great. Nice combo !

DustyRhodesJr

My two daughters have a friend who had a part in the recent Dolly Parton movie, "Coat of
Many Colors".

Nettles was in the movie, the friend said she was really nice.

Bob Maximus

Gold Supporting Member
A friend was at the taping. He said it was great. I heard Robin had some post show comments with regard to Jennifer, but I don't know what he said.

soundchaser59

Thank You Great Spirit!
Gold Supporting Member
Oxymoron saying "cheap trick" and "Jennifer Nettles" iin the same sentence.

Cheap Trick is seriously underrated in my town, but everyone knows who Jennifer is.

Phnurt

Gold Supporting Member
I'd say they are far better than "good shape"... Zander is one of the most underrated rock singers, IMO, waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than a lot of the guys who get all the attention.
One of my most played cd's is their greatest hits album.
Hehehe I only meant as compared to 30 years ago. The guy is 63 now after all. I thought he totally held his own with Nettles! :)

chrisjw5

I'm not a fan of Crossroads. It seems like an attempt to crossover to a crowd that's not gonna get you. I love Cheap Trick, but I have little interest in seeing them 1) having their songs butchered by someone else and 2) spending half the show singing songs that aren't theirs, essentially becoming the backing band for someone I know so little about.

I know, I know..... listen to Nettles. I know, I know.... 'it'a all music, brother'. I know, I know.... it's the only way CT are getting on TV at this point. But just.... nah. I don't like modern country. I tried, and I don't like it and I don't get it. 95% of what passes for modern country is disposable pop with a red state twist.

Iceman63

Was going to watch this last night, then discovered that our provider has now made CMT a subscribe channel. @#sholes!

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I saw a bit last night. It was good. Robin lives local here and has gotten on stage with some friends. He is a cool dude. There is something different about Nettles... She get some surgery or Botox?

Trending Topics