• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

CO Luthier to install custom electronics

theHoss

I was curious if anyone could recommend a luthier to install custom electronics in a guitar of mine. I am considering putting a coil tap in my LP for the neck pick up. Possibly putting a phasing switch in. Is there a guy in CO you would recommend? Or if you are a luthier and would be able to do it, I might consider shipping it, but I would like to avoid it. It would all depend on the project cost.

Thanks in advance.

RandK

Gold Supporting Member
Try PM'ing flyingnotes here and/or on the LPF. I can't locate his card right now but he's over in the Morrison area and has a ton of experience working on LP's and does it right. I would not hesitate to have Kim work on any of my babies. He's a flyboy for United so it might take him a few days to reply.

Todd moved back East somewhere.

Last edited:

theHoss

Thanks Alec, Todd has done a bunch of work on my LP before, but I thought he had quit doing repair/mod work to focus on his custom guitars? If not, I would absolutely touch base with him again. He did great work.

Todd Reith in Castle Rock does nice work.

theHoss

Will do, thanks! I live a couple of miles from Morrison so that would be great.

Try PM'ing flyingnotes here and/or on the LPF. I can't locate his card right now but he's over in the Morrison area and has a ton of experience working on LP's and does it right. I would not hesitate to have Kim work on any of my babies. He's a flyboy for United so it might take him a few days to reply.

Todd moved back East somewhere.