CO Luthier to install custom electronics

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by theHoss, Oct 1, 2008.

1. theHoss

theHoss Member

I was curious if anyone could recommend a luthier to install custom electronics in a guitar of mine. I am considering putting a coil tap in my LP for the neck pick up. Possibly putting a phasing switch in. Is there a guy in CO you would recommend? Or if you are a luthier and would be able to do it, I might consider shipping it, but I would like to avoid it. It would all depend on the project cost.

Thanks in advance.

2. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Todd Reith in Castle Rock does nice work.

3. RandK

RandK Silver Supporting Member

Try PM'ing flyingnotes here and/or on the LPF. I can't locate his card right now but he's over in the Morrison area and has a ton of experience working on LP's and does it right. I would not hesitate to have Kim work on any of my babies. He's a flyboy for United so it might take him a few days to reply.

Todd moved back East somewhere.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  4. theHoss

theHoss Member

Thanks Alec, Todd has done a bunch of work on my LP before, but I thought he had quit doing repair/mod work to focus on his custom guitars? If not, I would absolutely touch base with him again. He did great work.

5. theHoss

theHoss Member

Will do, thanks! I live a couple of miles from Morrison so that would be great.